Family:)
What a beautiful experience and opportunity I have to be able to write you once a week for two years! As I ponder my blessings and things I'm so grateful for, it all seems to start from my family and my Heavenly Father. I am so blessed!
Family, this week has been definitely a learning and a growing experience for me. I am becoming more comfortable with being the one who teaches the lessons (leading them out), although it really pushes me out of my comfort zone if that makes sense. I know that I am not amazing at Tongan and honestly not that impressive, but I know God will work through me & my efforts! I am always so in awe every time God throws these incredible tender mercies at me every single day! I'm not joking . . . EVERY DAY! I don't deserve so much love. I feel like I am so so unworthy compared to our Lord and Savior. I can honestly say I could stay on my mission for the rest of my life because I enjoy so much watching the Lord pour so many upon you and upon Brooklin!
I never really have enough time to express this on e-mail but the power of prayer has become something so so powerful in my life. Before my mission, I struggled with faith. I feel like I never had enough faith to believe God can answer all of our prayers. Now I don't think faith is a big enough word. I KNOW God can answer all prayers! I have seen miracles through God and our Savior. If we ask with real intent and have faith, God in His own time will answer! I can not express enough (don't have the words) how important it is to have faith....I challenge all of you....whenever you don't have enough faith, to get down on your knees and plead for more strength and for help. I know you will receive it because our Savior isn't just watching over us, he is with us. Family, I know that our Savior lives and that he is always with us. He has never left us from the beginning and not right now, nor ever will he leave us! I am a solid witness that I know he lives! This is His gospel and I am one of His soldiers in His army. Family, I love this gospel with all of my heart. I want you to know we are blessed to have this knowledge.
I can not imagine the pain, suffering, and sorrow that Joseph Smith went through to restore the gospel to the earth. Neither can I imagine the pain and suffering that Christ felt on the cross or the sorrows and and infinite pain he felt in Gethsemane. I look at what I am doing here in Tonga and realize that it's so small compared to those much greater than me. I know this is a way that I can show the Lord I am devoted and that I love Him! Because I truly love Him so so much!
As I look back on my life, I realize that this gospel has shaped and formed everything I have done and who I am. I look at my friends that have chosen different paths and cry because I know their paths don't lead to real and lasting joy, but I also know that it is never too late. That is the one thing this gospel has shown me! "His hand is outstretched still!"
I pray every day for those without this beautiful gospel because this gospel is a gospel of miracles, eternal happiness and lasting joy! Family, I hope you can see how much I love this gospel and love serving the Lord!
Dad and Mom, you are my heroes and role models. I will forever look up to you. ou have helped shape my life and have stayed worthy and have raised me up in this perfect gospel!
Siblings! We are blessed! Not for one second of your life should you take advantage of this gift that you have! Let it shine through your eyes and be a light to the nations!
Your Brother
Your Son
AND MOST IMPORTANT, YOUR FAMILY FOR ETERNITY!
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment