Hey my Beautiful Family and Friends:)!!!
This week has been a really good week, me and my Companion have strived to work as hard as we can and to be able to say we gave it the extra 10 percent!!! Wow it's hard but its definitely worth it when you lay back in your bed at night and know you gave it all you had! On Tuesday we had a goal to go out in our village and talk about the book of Mormon to as many people as possible!!! We ended up talking to a ton of people and committing 10 people to read the book of Mormon!!!! It was definitely a very good way to grow as a companion ship!!!! And a very good way to get me out of my comfort zone!!!!
This last week we had the opportunity to teach a Minister of the church of Tonga and his family!!!! It was a very humbling experience.... the spirit was so very strong in the room and me an arcos taught very well. It was so humbling having people from the other churches having such incredible gratitude in missionaries for other churches.. We talked after the lesson about how much corruption there is in the world today and they thanked us for our sacrifices. We are teaching a investigator right now thats husband is a member but she is not.... and he is now less active..... It is always amazing to see family members bear testimony to one another!!!! This week has been full of heartwarming experiences and a lot of learning experiences! I feel like I always am learning from my new companion and we really have a lot to offer each other...
This week we were called to give talks in our ward and they had to be 7 minutes each...... Ha as a missionary this task seems very quite easy, but when you are doing it in a language that you haven't quite mastered yet, it becomes a little harder, but its incredible how the lord can work through you if first you ( prepare) then YOU rely on the ( Spirit!) It was very good and an amazing learning experience! We talked about the Exodus 20:3 how we should only have one god and serve only one god! This has been something I have learned so much about while I have been out on my mission, especially being away from such worldly things!!!! I love My many opportunities to grow and my trials that god has set out for me, because without them I would be nothing! We grow through the faith of our trials!!!!!
Me and MY companion also had to sing nearer my god to the in English in front of our ward..... All i can say is we are both tone deaf!!!!! so so funny!!!!!!!
P.S. Just for those who wanted to know I caught and killed my first pig today!!!!
-Elder Harmon!!!
Elder Hansen and Sister Chynoweth you both sound incredible, I could not ask for better soldiers to serve at my side in the Lord's army!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment