Family! :)
Today was an incredible day for me to be able to feel all of your love for me! Thank you for such amazing and thoughtful advice and encouragement! I love being able to feel your love and being able to smile and laugh with you, even though we are on opposite sides of the world!
Brandon, Happy Birthday!! :) Wow, 16th birthday! I feel like it was yesterday that I had my 16th B-Day! Enjoy this time! Time really does just go by so so fast it's incredible! I hope you took my advice and are writing in a journal!
Dad, you mentioned a job promotion! That is incredible! But I am not surprised because you are the hardest worker I have ever met! You deserve it! I would love to hear more about what you do and the people you are over. Where is your work located? Is it a long drive? Dad, thank you for all your encouragement and quotes and advice in letters and e-mails. They really mean so much to me!
Mom, I have absolutely loved seeing how many of my friends want to just come to my house and chill with my mom! (that's when you know you have the best mom ever!) Mom, thank you for being so loving and caring with so many of my loved ones! Mom, thank you also for the letters and emails. I'm sorry, I wish I could honestly respond to all of them! They are all so thoughtful and caring! Just know I read them all!
Brookie, I'm sorry when we email you don't have a computer to use, but don't worry I still feel your love, and you always send me such incredible letters! I'm always so happy to see that you are keeping good grades in school! There is nothing more important! You always sound so good with all the friends that you're making!
Family, I though I would share an experience I had this week that left an impression on me and maybe a life time impression on my friend. These last few days we have had an Elder that is waiting at our house to go to New Guinea. We have gotten pretty close to him these last few days. But the last few nights, he has been on the phone with a sister missionary from this mission. I wasn't really sure how to approach it, but just yesterday night, I had a distinct impression to go up to him and tell him that he needs to hang up because he is dying spiritually. Immediately, he hung up and in the morning, he came and hugged me and said "thank you" for helping me. He told me that me coming out and saying it how it was, made him immediately notice what he was doing was wrong. He told me he know that he stayed at our house for a reason, so that he could be changed for the rest of his mission.
"Be thou and example."
Everyone is counting on you! You may not know it, but they are all watching! What comes with being an example is always loving first! So many things are made easier if we just love, because that is what the Savior would do!
My Beautiful Family, I wish you knew how grateful I am for you! I could not ask for anything better! I love you all and I pray for you all so many times a day! I hope you can feel my love!
Continue in Excellence!
Mwauh!
Mom "Dud"
My Forever Family . . .until we meet again!
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment