Sunday, March 2, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 3/2/2014)

Hey everyone!!!

I don’t have a bunch of time today!!! I apologize!!!! I will try and sum up my week as best as possible!!! This was my first week being a senior companion and the first week working in Sopu!!!!! It has been a blast at times this week and has been some of my hardest moments. It’s crazy how the lord prepares you for what you are about to go through next!!! I feel like I have had to build patience my whole mission, probably for the companion I have now, just because we are so totally opposite.  We are doing well together, but it’s hard to find the things that we can both agree on!!! But I know every place I serve in and every companion I have is to help me and I am to help him!!!! This week I had a tender mercy! An Elder Finau showed up for the week to wait for his plan ride to Papua New Guinea!!!! He is an amazing guy and helped me so much with on advice on how to be a good senior companion!  I have had experiences with him that have truly changed my perspective on being an example to others. I will write in a letter to you family about this incredible experience and probably life changing experience for my new friend Elder Finau.

Be thou an example has been the quote of the week for me! I have notice that in all things the best thing you can do is be the one that is the example.  I do know one thing about myself and that is that I have the responsibility to help others come unto Christ even if its companions or just less active members!!!

I will share one cool experience that we had this week, we went to check up on a less actives house and share a spiritual thought and challenge him to go to church, as we did so he told us he was just waiting to see if someone really cared about him. He expressed himself and his gratitude for us. He expressed his testimony!!!! What a tender mercy for me to have experienced and what a tender mercy for the guy to have the Lord send his servants to this guy that need a hand to get back onto his feet!

I am working in an area where missionary work is really slow and has a lot of inactive members! I am focusing my efforts on strengthening the members and their faith. It is definitely a really hard area to work in, but the Lord has called me here and I am excited to find out to the results as to why!!! I know that God does everything for a reason and we will become stronger because of our trials, if we endure them well!

I love you all and I pray for you always!!!
-Elder Harmon!





No comments:

Post a Comment