Monday, March 10, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 3/10/14) [#25 from Tonga]

My Famili Taengata!

My Eternal Family!:)

Today was a Tender Mercy P-Day for me!  It is always the best feeling in the world as a missionary getting letters from home!  Today I received Brooklin's package and inside were letters from all of you with your favorite memory of me!  Wow, I truly have the best family and have so many great examples and heroes in my life!  Each one of your letters touched my heart so so deeply!

-Daddy - I loved the memories you talked about and I can definitely agree with you that camping has to be one of the best memories!
- Mom - Snowboarding and skiing were definitely amazing memories.  On my bucket list, I have written down that I want to go to Alta and ski with my mom!
- Brandon - Seadooing was definitely dope!  We have had some fantastic moments on those wave runners!
- Brooke - I certainly remember chasing the birds and letting you drive for the first time!

Now I would love to just write a quick little memory that I have with each of you!  I won't e able to write as much as you all did, but I will do my best to make it special to each of you!  Thank you again for all of your support and uplifting praises!

Daddy, I would love to start off with you.  When you wrote to me you wrote a lot of our great memories snowmobiling, working on the Rx8, boating, wave runners!  But something that will stick with me the rest of my life, that meant more than anything else, is every time we were alone, you reach out your arm and tell me you love me....then you would ask, "Is there anything I can do to be a better father?"  I truly have the best dad in the world!  I do have to say though that we had some pretty dang good camp-outs though!  There's nothing like dad's dutch oven peach cobbler.

Mom, ha...where do I even start.  It's really hard to chose one!  I really have had so many incredible memories with you!  But, just like I told dad, I love the memories, but its the precious moments that mean so much to me!  I will never forget coming off the football field.  You would be the first person I would find!  I know that no matter if I won or lost, you would be running up to me and hugging me!  I always need my mommy "FIX".  Love you mom!  P.S. the time we went to Pizza Pie Cafe and just talked meant the world to me!  Thank you!

Brandon, my tokova taengata :)
Seems like a lot of our favorite memories together are the same.  But there is one time that I will never forget. We were headed towards Blake Hansen's in the Rx8 and you and I just shared our love for one another.  I know it's because of the moments that we have been with dad in the car and he would say to us...."Boys, I love you!"  I remember that you would tell me these moments were kind-of awkward but I know you loved them too.)  I want you to know that I loved them.  We have an incredible father that is an amazing example to us.  P.S. I will never forget the ride back from the Hanson's.  You and I raced dad on the freeway, hahaha, so funny!

Brooke, I would definitely have to agree with you that we had a blast together on the wave runners!  But the moments that meant the most to me were when I would get home from football and you were usually one of the first ones to ask me how my day went.  You were always so caring and loving.  You get that from mom! Thank you for always making me feel like a million dollars!  I can't wait to get back and make so many more memories with you!  Oh, one thing I always loved was playing just dance with you!  So incredibly fun!

Brittany, man....first memory that comes to mind was crying together before Christmas and hugging each other and saying "sorry" at the same time thinking that Santa was going to bring us coal for Christmas....so funny!  Another was me and you would always just talk in your room when I was younger!  We would literally tell each other everything!  And Brittany, you have always been my example!  You have always made me a proud brother!  I love you and Michael so much!

Family, you are incredible!  You give me so much strength just knowing that our family is Eternal!

I want to bear my testimony that this is the true and eternal gospel!  Christ died for everyone so we can be resurrected and he paid for our sins so that we can repent and come back to live with Him one day!  Christ's church was restored through  Joseph Smith, and Joseph Smith, through the power of God, translated the gold plates.  The Book of Mormon is the true word of God and it truly helps us every day of our lives!  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Harmon

Your Son
Your Brother
But most of all, your Eternal Family

No comments:

Post a Comment