Sunday, April 6, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 4/6/2014)

Family and Friends I would like to start off by saying thank you to all of you for the support, and love in my direction. Thank you for the prayers, letters and heart felt emails.

This week, as you remember we were working with a family and with a girl. The family is doing well and they are going to continue to come to church and we will continue to work on the husband to stop smoking.  That is the key.  We will continue to strive hard with them.

The girl’s parents really are so hard to work with.  It really is so heart breaking, she continues to come to church and continues to have us teach her, the Lord works in His on time and one day her parents hearts will be softened and she will follow our Saviors example into the waters of baptism.

This week we were at one of our fafangas (eatings at a member’s house) and we met a girl that was a cousin of the families! As we talked we later decided to try and teach her... as we began to teach her it was difficult and it was hard to feel the spirit the whole lesson because she was kind of just bible bashing us with her views and her beliefs. Towards the end I said I would like to invite you to pray about our message. I promised her that God can answer her prayers and that God can not lie to her. She was a little stubborn, but ended up saying OK... I will try it. The next day we showed up and the elements and atmosphere were different.  She was smiling and excited to see us and was friendly!!!!! We were confused and felt a little excited about how different it felt.  It felt like a whole different girl! As we proceeded, we asked her if she prayed and if she had received an answer and with the biggest smile I have ever seen, she replied,  “I know this church is true” (and then said it in English, just so she knew we would not miss what she was saying, hahahaha)  It was so amazing to see that change in her heart and then see how her desire to listen to the lessons changed and how she tried to apply them to herself and how we were able to apply them to her!!!! On Sunday night we had the most beautiful opportunity of watching her walk into the waters of baptism!!!! Wow, so so precious!

This week has been crazy, my comp thought for sure he was leaving to another area. He pretty much said goodbye to everyone hahaha (so funny) he’s staying:) I’m so excited to continue working with him and to keep making a difference even here in SOPU O TAUFA ! P.S.  dad you might be able to find it if you search Kolomotua.

Oh and my companion killed a dog...... all I gotta say is I’m so glad it’s illegal in America.... Brandi still love you!

Mom "dude"
Brook and Blake Love the challenge and continue in honor! Love you both so much!

Dad! Forever and ever you will be my example!

Some interesting facts about Blake's area:  Kolomotu'a (Kolo meaning "town" or "settlement", motu'a meaning "old"), encompassing the city's original settlement at the old fort of Nukualofa, including the area of Tavatu'utolu (Longolongo), Sopu 'o Vave (now Sopu 'o Taufa'ahau), Tongata'eapa, Tufuenga, Kapeta and all the western area where it was the traditional settlement of the Tu'i Kanokupolu from Mumui the 13th Tu'i Kanokupolu to Aleamotu'a the 18th Tu'i Kanokupolu.

Saia Fusitua's Cousin's Baptism



Yum - Fish!

Yum - Dog!

Yum! - Dog!

Farewell Pizza from Companion - But We Are Staying Together - "So Tight!  We have work to finish!"
Playing with Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment