Sunday, April 13, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 04/13/2014)

Wow, this week feels like it was so so long hahaha. In Tonga when it rains a lot, my whole area turns into a swamp and pretty much stops the work, probably one of the most frustrating things...... but being the white missionaries we are hahaha we go out with our umbrellas and do what we can. We end up being us soaked because we only have one umbrella between us and half of our books get wet!!! We have dealt with this a lot  the last few weeks. So when it comes to work this week, it was slow but towards the end it felt like we were able to push through, like we were finishing a track race and you burst at the end with all you have got in your system!!

We have been focusing this week on getting firesides set up in all our wards and focusing on getting families to invite less active members and families to it! We have also been working with families to invite some new people that might be friends or families that aren't members to it!!! It has actually gone really well!  Our Mission President will be speaking at the event and we will be teaching the lesson to the non members in a separate room. It's very exciting and its been a fun way for our ward to work with the missionaries!!! 

We have also been working with a family!!!! This week we invited them to general conference and it was so so amazing!!!! He couldn't stop talking about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!!!!! He was like where do they practice and where is that building hahaha! I was very honored to say that my aunt is in the choir!!!!  And I was so happy to see her smiling face so many times during the conference!!!!! But this week we will be checking up on them and hopefully things will keep progressing!!!!! 

We also had a very tender mercy that humbled me so deeply.... This week, a guy that we baptized came over to our house. As we talked to him you could tell there was something going on and you could tell he needed something, so I finally asked if there was anything we could do to help and he told us that his dad is sick and needs to go to the hospital and he doesn't have the cash to go get him and take him.... so he ask us if we could help... and of course we gave him sufficient amount of money to help. He starting cleaning our house and would not stop at any rate..... he began dusting and got down on his knees and scrubbed our floor.... As I watched, with tears in my eyes, I realized how blessed I am to be here in Tonga to just help, help in anyway possible, and I realized how much something so small can mean to someone. and how Much Selfless Service can bless the lives of people and bless even your own life!!!!

General Conference was incredible and It was needed! But I did not just need it, I know we all needed it! We are led by inspired and chosen men of God! And I know that everything that was said was meant to bless us in our own ways! Something that I took from a lot of the talks was the sacrifice of living the gospel and the sacrifice that we need to make to follow Christ.  It was not meant to be easy, but it will be worth it! I love you all so incredibly much! And I am praying for you all!

Elder Harmon
"dude"

Blake and Brooklin, how great is our calling and how great is it that we have all been so blessed to serve by each others side!, Blake my language is getting better and I understand almost fluently, but i still have my struggles, but its the spirit --always remember that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment