Monday, April 14, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 4/14/2014) [#30 from Tonga] 9 Month Mark!!!!

F.A.M.I.L.Y.

Forever, Amazing, MINE, Incredible, Loving, YUP!!
WOW your all Incredible! Today I enjoyed hearing from all of you and enjoying your stories and hearing about your tender mercies throughout the week!!:) Brandon oh how I rejoiced to hear you have asked someone to Prom & that you are continuing to enjoy your first year of high school! Have you started to write in a journal yet? If not, I want to promise you that you will find so much joy & forever gratefulness in doing so!! Aw I wish I would have done so...oh how I wish I could have done so!

Mom & Dad I received such loving & beautiful letters! Mom, I love how your letter book is filling up and that you enjoy showing it off:) You were wondering if I still keep in touch with the people I baptized.  The only way would be through facebook, but our mission doesn't use it...so I have lots of people adding me on facebook, do you accept their friend request or are you just waiting for me to do it when I get home? But Mom I can certainly feel your love through your letters!  Dad, I think its amazing that you used one of my emails to talk to a less active member at work, that made me feel so happy. I love the analogy about the workers that can change a garden(or mission area). Dad I am praying for you every day to be able to hit your potential with your job! I have full faith that you can do it! You can do absolutely anything in this life with 2 people, as long as one of them is the Lord. This is the only reason missionaries are able to make it through and this is the only way we can experience true joy throughout our life! I am praying with my whole heart for you Dad! Oh and Thank-you for the article!  What amazing things we can learn by spreading sunshine everyday!

I feel so blessed to receive letters once a week from my Mom and Dad and once in a while my siblings!  So blessed is how I feel! By the way if I haven't answered anything from a letter or email, please just ask me again, I promise I haven't ignored any question or story on purpose!

This last week was good, like I talked about on email, it was a little slow! But things turned out in the end! I'm really excited about Eni! And his beautiful wife! He is keeping commitments and is striving...it was the best feeling for me to have him come to conference with us! Our first counselor is actually the one providing the house where Eni & Eva stay...so it is awesome to have him as a fellow-shipper! He does have a problem smoking, but he seems determined to quit!  It's just hard out here because there is no program or anything to help them quit, so it comes down to the strongest tool of them all, FAITH and them DOING! With the Lords help all things are possible.

Thinking about Faith today, I have realized that faith is humbling yourself and saying Lord I need your help and allowing him to help....it is not just giving up and saying Lord you do it, its saying Lord I will scoot over, please help me push!

Family, I am in the Lords hands and I am in his Army, just like the strippling warriors.  My favorite verse in Alma is Alma 56:56! When you fight with the Lord you will never be slain, spiritually or physically!

Love you all, may we all fight with faith in the Lord like the strippling warriors!
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
Your Son, Brother but most important, Your Eternal Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment