Family,
This week has been full of amazing moment and full of the spirit. Just yesterday, I as able to attend and MLC meeting with half of the zone leaders in Tonga (just half because there are so many now they do two meetings). It was an incredible meeting. The spirit was so strong. The purpose of the meeting was to teach us how to let the Holy Ghost teach. So, the whole time we did role plays. It was actually very intimidating, hahahha, but it was also a blast! It is incredible how every thing I do in my life that seems like a challenge, I can just see my football coaches yelling "Love the Challenge"! I can't wait to thank them in person one day for the impact they made on my life. It was awesome that at the end of the meeting, President Tupou expressed is love for all of us and how blessed he feels to have us in hi mission. Honestly, I just feel so blessed to have him as my mission president. I know I am here in this mission because I can learn from him and he can change me for the better. I have found such a great love for the leaders that have guided me in my life! So, in this letter, I would like to say thank you for what part you have played in my life. I have realized at every point in life, we have leaders. They may have titles, but we may just refer to them as "heroes". When we look back, it seems as though the "title" disappears and instead, they become "heroes". For this reason, I would really like to talk about a few that have impacted me.
First ones that comes to my mind are my dad and mom. Dad, you were my first leader as I always went along with you on all of the scout camp outs and you eventually became my official leaders as I became a deacon. I looked up to you in all things. You never seemed to fail me. You continue to set that example day in and day out. Mom, you taught me everything from making my bed to loving everyone around me. It would take 1,000,000 pages if I were to describe all you have taught me and lead me through in my life.
Football is my greatest passion! At a young age, this sport won my heart. As I became a part of the High School team, there were two boys that seemed to have the biggest impact on me. These two boys were incredible athletes....but this is not what did it for me. It was their hearts and watching where their priorities were that made them my heroes. They were the nicest kids on and off the field. They would give the shirts off their backs to some random kid. They had the Christ-like attribute of love and charity....and that is what American Fork Football is all about. They set the example of becoming "Men Built for Others"! I thank these heroes of mine from the bottom of my heart because your example continues to impact me! Thank you Tyler Belliston and Silas Olsen.
The Young Mens was a huge part of my life and all my leaders made and incredible impact on me. They all taught me incredible life lessons! Jeremy, Fraser, Bishop, etc. Kurt Forsberg has become a lifetime hero to me and has helped me build my foundation on the rock of my redeemer. I cannot think of anyone that has made me feel more confident of myself than this man! He always had incredible faith in me and the spirit that he brought into my life was incredible. One thin that really sticks out is that he really was his brother's keeper!
Shayden is my brother from another mother. He is my flesh and blood...hahaha. Something that made a big impact on me is how Kurt Forsberg cared about Shayden just like his own son. I will never forget the service Kurt rendered in my behalf and in behalf of those that I love.
As I entered the priest quorum, I found a hero that I never saw before...probably because my eyes were closed. But, he brought a new sense of joy to my eyes about being in a quorum and being part of the priest group. Kyle Rusick led with an example of love and righteousness that reflected the light of the Savior. He desired that others see the light also and he continued to share it! Today I received the Highland 5th ward newsletter and Kyle said he has 6 weeks left. So, by the time you get this it probably means that he is done and home. Kyle, I want you to know you have become and are one of my heroes!
I could go on for days! I have had sooooo many people affect my life. Many know because I have had the chance to share these feelings before, but I felt impressed that I needed to let you all know I love you and that you have made a difference in my life!
Your Son/Brother
Blake Daniel Harmon
We are a forever family!
P.S. Sorry for the kind-of random letter. I just felt like many needed to know how grateful I am for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment