Sunday, March 15, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 3/15/2015)

Hey Family and Everyone!!!

WOW, I don't really know where to start with catching you up with it all, just because everything has changed so much since I have been in Ha'apai. New place, new companion and new members!!!! SO I will try to catch you up quickly:)

First of I will have you know that I am driving the car that I crashed in Ha'apai. Somehow it all came back and kicked me in the butt hahaha :) I guess that's justice hahaha. I did get to see Elder Bunting on Friday when I was picking up the car at the office after the zone leader conference and we had a good laugh about it all!!!!

Weird how all the stories that I have heard from Bunting while we were companions about his time in Touliki and all the people. Now I know them all and I'm living all the stories....even sitting on the same broken toilet he told me about -- hahaha.

The people in my new area are awesome!!! Really good ward, but this stake has actually really struggled with missionary work these last few weeks--but hey, we are called for a purpose to make changes,... Crazy how 1/3 of the population of Tonga lives right here in my zone in Homakelikao!!! SO i am meeting a lot of people!!!!!!

I wrote this story in my letter home last week, but I can't hold back about it -- I have to tell you! So, sorry that it's kinda a repeat. Who knows you might get to see more detail or maybe just the same story twice hahaha:)

The day I got here in Touliki, I was at the church and I heard my name being called so I turned around to see a girl that looked very familiar but I could not recall how I knew her -- hahahaha. So, I walked up and we talked for a second and then I immediately yelled FIFITA! I remembered her name hahaha and that she was from my first area in Noapapu!!!! So she went on and asked me if I had heard about her family!!! I was like no??? Last time I had seen them the father was struggling with drugs alcohol and was struggling to support the family. Things were not so good! She was like, come to our house latter and see them and my mom will tell you what's going on.... (I thought they were divorced or something) So, I went there and it was an awesome reunion!  I was very close with their family. I have lots of pictures with them. If you remember the picture of the boys carrying my bag in Noapapu??? Those are her kids! Anyway, Tema is the mom's name, So, Tema came out and was like ELDER HARMON!!!! She was so excited that I could actually talk to her now (Remember, I couldn't speak Tongan in the first area very well) So, she went on to tell me that her family is getting sealed in the Temple!!!! Her husband Nela is strong in the church and just took out his endowment last week.!!!!! I was freaking out..... the next day in church I say Nela!!! He was so excited to see me...I need remind you that he was a drunk guy in Noapapu that didn't like me and Elder Price. He would get mad at us when we would try and teach him.

Now, his countenance was different and his spirit was bright!!! We talked for a while then we had priesthood. He is in the other ward, but was late to church so he came to our class. He told everyone his conversion of coming back to the Lord. I didn't know this at the time. He told everyone that right before Elder Harmon and Elder price got transferred from Noapapu they gave him a blessing because he was really sick.... the result was that Heavenly Father blessed him with FULL HEALING. As a result, he decided that he needed to change his life from that day forward.

I had no idea, and now, 16 months later I am witnessing this miracle!!! Heavenly Father's timing is everything! I bear testimony that I know God is a God of miracles and that He lives. This is His church! I love you all so much!

ELder Blake Daniel Harmon
MOM "DUDE"
Brooklin SYST

P.S. My responsibilities are very crazy here so I will probably not be on line when you write back. Just know I love you all so much! Sorry I didn't answer a lot of your questions. Just know I love you!! So happy for Kara Johnson and Pini Katoa!!!

Dad do you remember that letter you sent me about the football player at Stanford and his conversion story? Did you know that I am very good friends with Brandon Fanaika, the kid that helped him into the gospel!!!!! Small world ehh!!!!! I trained with him at Mike Stroshine!!




No comments:

Post a Comment