Elder Blake Daniel Harmon was called to serve in the Nuku'alofa Tonga Mission.
He began his service on July 31, 2013. He arrived in Tonga on September 10, 2013. He will be home on July 11, 2015. He is currently serving in Touliki with Elder Hafoka. What an amazing experience he is having!!!
Monday, March 16, 2015
Hand Written Letter (Dated: 3/16/2015) [#78 from Tonga]
Taking what we have learned and actually applying it is the most important thing we could possibly do with the knowledge we obtain....This lesson has been one of the wakening moments for me....seeing this take full effect in my life. We had our Zone meeting with President Tupou and all the Zone Leaders and I was able to learn some incredible things that have definitely taken me out of my comfort zone! We focused on baptism invitations....but it this time it was different than other times....the goal of this is to set up how you teach in order to be able to invite an investigator to baptism on the first teach, or even on the first time you might meet them on the street! It was difficult at first but eventually my companion and I got it. We kept on doing role plays for a couple of days and that helped us. President Tupou challenged us to do it with everyone we teach and come contact with on a day to day basis.
I'm so happy to say that we have kept that commitment this week....we have dates for three people!!! We are excited to see how the Lord's timing will bless their lives and teach them to to receive a confirming witness of the Holy Ghost of this incredible gospel! Two of these investigators are husband and wife and they also have children....although, they are very strong members of the Methodist Church. The other is a boy about Brandon's age. He is awesome! We have taught him about three times and he is progressing. I have never taught someone like him. He asks so many different questions! He reminds me of Joseph Smith when he had such a strong concern for his soul and his connection with Heavenly Father. He is someone that is going to be awesome at keeping commitments. I am really excited to see him and his progress in the next week!
On another note!!! Things are going well here in Touliki. I feel like I am still adjusting to the new area in many ways. I have gotten more used to the fact that there are more people around! Haha, it probably would have been a big shock for me if I returned to America straight from Ha'apai, haha!
Haha, my house here has so many rats! It's not even funny! It has gotten to the point that I just watch them run around and don't try to kill them anymore :)
Yesterday we were able to have our Zone baptism for this stake. There were five baptism from my district. It was a very sweet spiritual experience! Haha, when I was sitting down listening to the brother conduct the meeting, he announced that I would be giving the talk on the Holy Ghost. Funny thing, they never told me prior to that moment and this is a "stake" event. There are lots of people. Well, that is how it goes in Tonga sometimes. So, I went up and it was actually a really cool experience to stand up and see the faces of these five beautiful converts who were prepared to follow Jesus Christ! I promised them blessings and I could feel the spirit confirming the words that came from my mouth!
I can't believe it will be April when you get this. I'm excited that you will receive my letters a little quicker now! Well family, you know I love you! Just hold on a little longer and I will be there soon. For now, I gotta finish this last 60 meters of the race!
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
Your forever Brother/Son
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment