Family,
This has been a very different week than all the others. It has been a big change. The atmosphere, the people, the food. It all changed! So let me catch you up with it all and what is going on! I have been crazy busy this week and actually didn't get here to Touliki until the 11th of March. Let me help you understand the area a little more. We work in a part of Tonga where 1/3 of the Tongan population lives! So, I went from a small island to a big city hahaha. It's actually a small area but just a lot of people. I don't know if you know this or not but the first two weeks I was in Tonga waiting to go to Vava', I worked here in this area with Elder Harris, Elder Riddle and Elder Montgomery. So, it has been a huge flash back of memories! I saw the first house I ate at. It's been funny and kind of a cool tender experience. I'm actually going to church at the first church I went to in Tonga. Crazy trying to wrap my mind around it all. It ahs really made these two years look really short. Everyone remembers me when I couldn't say a word to them. Now we can finally have a conversation and I can talk to them. It has been a huge tender mercy and I have seen how the Lord has blessed me these last few years!
Just yesterday, may companion and I were at the church and I heard some girl yell my name! I turned around and recognized that it was Fifita from Noapapu. I don't remember if I told you about the girl that I did surgery on her hand at 3am in the morning. Anyway, she was so excited to tell me that her family is getting sealed in the temple this very month! She directed me to where her family lives here in town. That night, my companion and I went over to their house. I cannot remember what I told you about this family before. Hopefully I told you something so you can remember. Their names are Tema and Daniella (nela). Elder Price and I worked with Nela forever to try to help him stop smoking. It was so difficult, he honestly had no desire to stop. This hurt his family because they wanted to go to the temple and be sealed. One night right before Elder Price and I left Noapapu, we gave Nela a blessing for his head and it worked. God blessed him with full health. After we left, Nela told us that he knew he needed to quit his bad habits and prepare to get sealed to his family! Now, 16 months later, they are both strong in the church. I am so excited and thank God for this incredible blessing. I have seen His work come to pass! I will be attending the sealing this next Friday. I could not be more excited!!! I have felt so blessed to be able to be a part of this families return to the fold.
I know God works in mysterious ways. I know sometimes we don't see the results of our work, but everything we do in Christ's name and all work that we bring to pass will pay off. Whether we witness it or not, it is worth it. No work is worthless!
I love you all so much. I'm so grateful for all of you and I love you so much! We are an Eternal Family!
Your Son/Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment