Monday, March 23, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 3/23/2015) [#79 from Tonga]

Family,

Man, it has been an interesting week for me. Monday we had interviews with President Tupou. It went really well. Weird to think that it is my second to last interview before I come home. I really love our mission president. At times I feel like I was called to this mission so that I could learn from this mission president. I know that he receives direct revelation for his missionaries! I feel of the great love that he has for all of us! I hope you all meet him one day!

This week we have don a lot of invitations.....baptism invitations. It has been so important for us to get the investigator to understand that the Holy Ghost will testify to him the tings he needs to know and that all truth and knowledge will come through the power of the Holy Ghost in answers to our prayers.

Anyway, that is waht we have been doing with everyone that we meet. So far our success levels have been crazy good. As we have sharpened our inspired questions and relied on the Holy Ghost, we have seen an increase. That increase comes through diligence, desire and preparedness. My companion right now has taught me more than I thought I could ever have learned. He is an awesome example of someone that wants to become better every day of his life. It has taught me a lot about becoming personally better every single day. We can only do this to ourselves by being accountable, checking and evaluating, becoming humble, and asking for advice on how to become better. Then we need to set goals and strive to achieve them!

Anyway, I am really enjoying learning and becoming better. It was awesome to see less active members, whom we have been working with for a very long time, show up to church today. It is the best feeling in the world to see progression in our loved ones. I have developed a vision for these people and when I see pieces of that vision develop, I get such a satisfactory feeling.

I know this has been such a random letter but I wanted to just try and help you understand what is going on :)

Remember...if you have any questions, hit me up on e-mail. I'm excited to see how you are all doing tomorrow! Tomorrow is our P-Day :)

I love you all so much!

Remember your son in Tonga loves and is praying for you:)

Your Son and Brother
Blake Daniel Harmon
Ofa Atu!
SYST

-------- ACTUAL SCANS ---------



No comments:

Post a Comment