Monday, March 2, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 3/2/2015) [#76 from Tonga]

Family :)

What a trip I have taken down memory lane this last week!!! Finding out that I will be leaving Ha'apai has been really hard for me to take in.... I guess it won't actually click until I'm on the plane back to Tonga looking down on Ha'apai never knowing if I will ever see these people that I have given myself to for the last 8 months of my life! It's going to be really hard to move to a new area, receive and new companion, teach new people and live in a new house. But, this is missionary work and God is the one in charge and I will do where he needs me to go. Not going to lie. Even though aI have been out for 20 months....I'm nervous to go be the Zone Leader over a BIG zone in Tonga.

3/8/15
We just received the actual transfer. I will be companions with Hafoka. Don't know if you remember him but he was in Ha'apai with me for about 4 months. I will be working in Touliki. I'm excited about the area just not crazy or pumped about my house situation. I will be staying with four other Tongans. It was bound to happen at one point in my mission. My new companion is smart and his English is fluent. It's just that when lots of Tongans get together and there is just one white person it tends to turn into the Martin Luther King times and I will get left out of everything. But hey, I came here to do the Lord's work not focus on things that are just temporary. I just hope things go well! Sorry I'm writing without a light. The power is dead or something is wrong with it! Things should be good. By the time you get this, you should know a lot more!!

Do you remember Kavanga? The boy we baptized on Uiha? He got the priesthood this week. We ran into him on the boat dock and he seems to be doing really well and he is still really strong in the church and he is fulling his priesthood duties and following the teachings of the gospel! Best feeling in the world when I heard the news about the priesthood ordination. He is preparing for a mission! Imagine how big of an impact he will have on the people he comes into contact with! I feel so much comfort and accomplishment with my mission when I look at this boy. He has brought me so much joy and that is why I came out! I wanted boys, girls, families, husbands, wives, etc to receive the same joy that I have in my life! Here I am witnessing a miracle of this gospel take place in this young boy's life!

So so so grateful!

I love you all so much. Your prayers and fasting are appreciated more than you know!

Your Brother/Son
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
Ofa Lahi Atu Ka Moutolu
We are

No comments:

Post a Comment