Monday, December 29, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated 12/29/2014) [#67 from Tonga, Last Letter of 2014]

Family,

I'm running low on time like crazy lately and haven't been able to sit down and write to you! I apologize! It's actually the 4th of January on a Sunday night here and I'm just barely getting the opportunity to write you something little :) It's actually pretty late, but I can't miss a week of sending you a letter! :) Also, we go to Tonga tomorrow so we will be sending these off to you!

This week has been full of blessings and amazing miracles. I know I will be mentioning them in the e-mail, but I will tell you a little about some of the funny details that I will probably leave out of my e-mail.

So, we have been in Uiha this whole last week. I don't know if I have told you too much about it before, but I'll do a little more explaining. It's a village with a ward, then there is another village with a branch called Felemen. The whole island is dusty. It reminds me of the sand dunes back home with no hills and the sand is all dirty! We showed up to our house and there is no electricity and no running water! Once again, the roof leaks water!! So, we were there for about 4 days. We showed up the first night and we taught Fiexxxx and Kavxxx! It was really cool having back to back lessons with people that were prepared to listen and to keep commitments. What most missionaries would call the gold investigators! We proceeded to teach the rest of the week and then Saturday came along! This is the day we planned to have the baptism and also the day we planned on the boat coming to get us and take us back to our island!

We woke up and the water was dripping on us and there was a nasty storm outside. It was pouring. You don't even see rain storms like these very often in the states! We were worried, but my companion with faith aid not one thing on this earth can stop Heavenly Father's work from hastening and progressing and that if this is what the Lord has in store....then we got on our knees and prayed that the storm would clear and we would be able to conduct the baptism! WE also needed desperately to get back to our house in Koulo. For one thing, we didn't bring extra pairs of garments or clothing and were disgustingly dirty. We also needed to get back to Tonga because boats can't drive here on Sunday!

In the meantime, my companion and I went out and mad the best we could out of the situation. We went outside and ran around in the rain! We were to our knees in water, no joke! We went and tried to figure things out with our members be we had no support! Finally, we got a call from the boat driver and he said that they were coming to get us! So, we got our stuff ready and we headed down to the boat dock. Were were absolutely soaked. Then all of the sudden, out pops the sun and the rain stops. Our 1st counselor said, "Grab your investigators! I will grab the bishop. Meet us at the dock in 10 minutes!" So, we ran to Feixxxx and Kaxxxx and got them ready. They were so excited we were the ones that got to do the baptism ordinance! We went down to the ocean and did a small service & literally, as my companion was performing the baptism, the boat came from around the corner!

God answers our prayers and this is his work not ours! He has all control! WE need to always choose to follow him and be worthy and to constantly have faith in him who is all powerful!

Love you!!!
Your Brother/Son
Blake Daniel Harmon

We Are Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment