Family,
Awe, it was incredible to be able to talk with all of you this week. You know what they way about a mother's voice, it brings home straight back to the heart! You all sounded so good. Brandon & Brooke are freaking me out just a little bit :) Brandon is a giant, haha. I think it's funny how we have talked about him becoming huge while I'm on my mission, then he will be able to take me out in the airport. Haha, now it is no longer a story. He really is big now and I'm going to be running at the airport. Brooke on the other hand is no surprise. She has turned into the stunning beautiful girl that we all knew she would! Wow, what a huge tender mercy to be able to talk to Brittany and Michael on Christmas. It was a true blessing. Dad and Mom, encouragement from you is what keeps my engine turning! Can't wait to sit in our family room and talk until the sun comes up! :)
I would like to share some really cool experience that have happened to my companion and I since we last talked! So, we had to do a big yearly report and send it to the president the day after we talked on the phone. So, we went to our bishop's house to ask for the church key. When we came back from returning the key, our 1st counselor was there and he had an investigator there for us to teach! While we were thinking of what to teach him, my companion had a strong impression that we needed to teach him about the Book of Mormon. So, as we got to know this man, we found out that he has been trying to quit smoking for a long time. As we taught about the Book of Mormon, we talked and testified of the power that it can have in his life! He was in tears as we testified. In fact, not a dry eye in the room. Then, he looked at us and he testified of the truthfulness of all that we had taught, Then, he committed to what asked of him.
I saw the spirit work through my companion's words and through mine as we trusted in the Lord and listened closely to the spirit.
I'm so grateful for every little tender mercy and blessing from the Savior and our Eternal Father!
I thank you all so much and love you all so dearly!
-Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
P.S. Sorry letters are short. Time is so precious right now!
Mom "Dude"
No comments:
Post a Comment