Monday, December 8, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 12/8/14) [#64 from Tonga]

Family,

Awe, this has been an awesome week for our Ha'apai zone. We have had some incredible opportunities! Before I tell you about them, I want you to know how grateful I have been to our Heavenly Father for all the blessings he has given me. He truly knows all of us personally and is shaping us all personally and guiding us to be the men that God needs us to be for the future. I love my new companion. He is a true miracle to my mission! I could not be more grateful for this opportunity! So, did you know that Elder Bunting's dad served in the Sicily Italy mission?! He served the same time as you dad... I think that is a really cool blessing! Elder Bunting and I are going to sing the Italian version of "I Am a Child of God" to our ward together!! The Lord is so aware of all of us. I promise you all that our Heavenly Father is aware of everything we go through. I am a true living testimony of that fact!

This week we had a mission tour with Elder Gifford Nielson from the Quorum of the Seventy. He is incredible. I had the opportunity with my companion to go pick him up along with President Tupou and their wives. It was a really cool experience! I walked up to the President and his wife. They greeted me warmly and then I saw Elder Nielson and he said, "Elder Harmon, I have been looking for you!" He then hugged me and told me that Mark Skousen from our ward back home is his Nephew. I was really excited to hear that he knows someone from home! He took lots of pictures with me and so hopefully he sent a few to you guys!

The meeting was unreal. We talked about a ton of things. A big topic was on "our purpose". He focused so much on us converting ourselves and the fact that we need to become fathers for our future children and husbands for our future wives! It was really a surprising topic to me. He said that the most important thing we do after our mission is marrying the right person, in the right place and at the right time!

Converting ourselves is so very important! I have always thought about the philosophy that there is no neutral zone. We are either constantly increasing our testimonies, or they are decreasing. Where do each of us stand? What are we doing to fix it or keep doing what we need to increase our testimonies and build our sure foundations? Find those goals, apply a plan, and be accountable to your plan. Later, Elder Nielson and President invited me and Elder Bunting to dinner. So, we got to be there with the Seventy and his wife and President Tupou and his wife and also Elder and Sister Delong from Ogden, Utah and the stake president and his wife. Elder Nielson talked to us all about our personal responsibilities in the stake, church, and missionary work. It was intense. Then he talked about the future or our church and then he looked at me and my companion and said that we are the future of this church. He put a lot of pressure on us with that, but I am excited for the opportunities that the future holds for us as priesthood leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment