Monday, December 1, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 12/1/14) [#63 from Tonga]

Mom and Dad, Happy Anniversary!!!

Wow, 25 years of complete dedication to each other and to your family! Such an incredible accomplishment. The world has done so much to try and destroy the family . You two are beautiful examples of how the Lord's influence in the home brings peace, love, faith, and so much more. What an incredible occasion to celebrate your love, dedication and family.

As I grow in older and gain more knowledge and experience different things as a missionary, I see the pwoer of families. I see the influence of parents. The respect and appreciation that I have is so high for the both of you.

As I read of your anniversay experience of temple jumping, I realized that I failed to mention anything about your anniversary in the email I sent you earlier. So, I wanted you each to know that I thought about you constantly the last few days and that I have so much love and appreciation that I am sending your way. I hope you have been able to feel so.

This has been a crazy week. We have been able to do many things. Recently, I have been struggling with my companion, Elder Latai. He is really trunky and pretty much thinks that he is done. So, this has been a real struggle. It's not like we have fought a lot, it is just tough that if feels like I am the only one that cares about the work.

Well, the other day, after I wrote you, we got a call and I truly know it was an answer to your prayers and temple attendance and putting my name on the prayer rolls. So, we got the call that Latai is going to Vava'u again and Elder Bunting is my new companion! I could not have been more excited! We embraced as we heard the news! What a true tender mercy! I think you were ale to find out before I told you because Elder Hamblin took a picture and sent it to you.  Haha, his first goal when he sees me is that he takes a picture and sends it to you!

So, on Tuesday, we took an airplane to Tonga for the MLC Meeting "Mission Leadership Council". Elder Hamblin says that it is like we re from the quorum of the seventy because we get to travel so far for just one meeting, haha!  But, it was cool and I got to see Elder Grant, Harris, and Elder Diehl from my intake. I also went and dropped by at Sopu and saw Tuitavake who is Elder Lao's and Lotolelei's companion from the MTC....and, I got to see all my families there. It was about 8'oclock when I showed up and right then, a 15 year old young man I knew yelled, "Harmoni!" and ran up and hugged me, then a 4 year old boy I knew jumped into my arms and kept kissing my cheek. It felt like home. What an incredible blessing!!!

The next day after the meeting, I was able to attend the temple. My testimony of the temple has grown so much while I have been able to attend here on my mission. I know it is the house of the Lord, there is no doubt!

Just he other day we had a really cool experience with a lady from California. She came to Tonga quite randomly. I will sum up the story....  She went to the beach here and was having a really hard time, and right when she got back to the house where she was staying, Elder Swan and Elder Tuitavuki showed up. We were able to show up at the lesson they were teaching on the following day. She talked about how her random trip to Ha'apai has changed her for the eternities. She is planning on going home and having the missionaries continue to teach her and she wants to be baptized! It was incredible seeing the power of fasting!!

Family, I love you so much! Time is so crazy! Just know I love and care for you so much and this is our Savior's work!

Your Son/Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

Mom "Dude"

No comments:

Post a Comment