Wow it was awesome to be able to hear from all of you this week!!!! Even though I was able to get you pretty caught up, we had some things take place here that I would like to tell you about today.
I think I better start off with the bad news so that I can finish with the good news. Do you all remember the man that I taught over in Hihifo with Elder Hafoka on a companionship exchange? He was the man that talked in the fireside about preparing to enter the temple with his family. Well, we got a very sad call yesterday that he had been struggling with breathing last night and that he passed away as they rushed him to the hospital. It turns out that there was nobody at the hospital at the time. It is really sad to see someone so close to us as missionaries pass away so early on in life. I know that Heavenly Father looked at this man and said it was time for him to come home. Ever since he was baptized, he has been diligent in his priesthood responsibilities. I have never seen the gospel change someone's life in such an incredible way as I saw it change his. I know that it will be an incredible experience for his family to go to the temple to be sealed to their father and husband. I know he is waiting eagerly for those blessings and ordinances on the other side of the veil.
Let me change to a very positive note. We have begun to teach an incredible faithful son of our Heavenly Father, I have written a letter all about it. This young man's faith is taking him places that he could not go otherwise. If his works are as great, he will achieve much and conquer all. He is struggling with some addictions so we are working with him to conquer them through faith and through the spirit.
I love you all!!!!
Your Son, Elder Harmon
DUDE mom
SYST Brooklin
No comments:
Post a Comment