Monday, January 6, 2014

Email (Dated: 1/6/2014)

Wow I have been pondering a lot lately on a lot of things..... and have let a lot of things get the best of me.... lately the work has been slower than ever and the rain and the constant family reunions on our island do not help out! The work feels like it hit a complete stop on our island, with the constant warnings of hurricanes these last few weeks. And just when I thought things couldn't get much worst, I kinda ran into some physical struggles.

I have been debating whether to tell you what has been going on this last week or hold off until later, but I promised that I would be honest with you all. Last week on Thursday I received a sunburn that effected my face in a not so good way..... I received blisters to my nose and to part of my for head..... It was not healing and it ended up getting really infected and this whole time we were not able to get contact of anyone to help me.......but today a miracle happened.  A group showed up with 6 elders and the whole boat crew to come and get me off of the island. They had finally received the voice mails and texts from various phones the day before.....

Among all of this my spirits were really low, my faith was falling and my strength, I'm not sure I had any left. I thought I was going to give up and I thought I had given it my all...... Then I remembered a quote that you sent me dad. It is by Elder Holland. It talks about how missionaries must sometime sit for a few moments in Gethsemane and sometimes as a missionary you need to take a few steps towards the summit of Calvary. Never has something hit me so hard in my whole life. Our savior SUFFERED for all of us in every way possible! He did it for every one, not just those who were going to follow him, but for everyone!

From that moment, becoming Christlike has taken on a whole new meaning to me! We as missionaries are here to share the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with EVERYONE! No matter if they chose to listen or not! The little sacrifices I am making is nothing compared to what our Savior payed for us. And I know he has felt my pain!

I am fine, in fact I am great! I have the Savior on my side and the tender mercies and blessings I have received are indescribable. My face may look like I got ran over by a car, but it will be okay because I am doing the lords work! I love you all and I am in good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment