Wow has it been a crazy week for Tonga! And a crazy week for tender mercies! As you might remember, IAN (cyclone) came to the South Pacific! The cyclone reached Vava'u at a level 4 but it swiped i in such a way that nobody was harmed in Vava'u! The Lord truly does answer your prayers & everyone else! And he looks after His missionaries!
I would like to bear testimony that I know that our heavenly father is always watching over us! Which makes my mind think of D&C 121:7-8. I know that God does not give us trials that we can not over come! My nose has healed quite a lot, it is amazing! And my toe has lost a lot of its pain! The Savior is always there! The power of prayer is quite incredible!
I am sure as a Family you are learning so much about the power of prayer. I want you to know that your prayers are being felt! And that they make all the difference! I talked to Riddle on the phone and he told me that he was able to talk to Dad on the phone. What a Tender Mercy!
This afternoon I am going to find out if I say in Noapapu or if I am going to be moved. To be honest, I am ready to move, but if I am still needed on Noapapu, I can do it!
My heart is full today as I think of how blessed I am in my life! During the hurricane, the love and peace I felt was overwhelming! I have on of my best friends and pretty much my brother going into the MTC in a few days! This is a true tender mercy for me!
I want you both to know that I have a testimony that this is the true gospel and it is a gospel of miracles!
Yesterday I had the opportunity to open a few of your letters! I want to thank you all for your caring words & love towards me! Mom, I absolutely loved reading all of your fun quotes!
So I just barely found out that I am going to Tonga this transfer and I will be working on the west part of the island. My companion will be Elder Latai! He was last companions with Elder Ulukivaiola. I have a good feeling that we will be getting a lot of work done!
I am excited for the chance to serve and be placed in a new area.
I love you all!
Elder Harmon
Mom - "Dude"
No comments:
Post a Comment