Monday, January 27, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 1-27-2014) [#19 from Tonga]

Hey My Eternal Family :)

Wow, how grateful I am for that beautiful knowledge!  As I was able to emial you all today, my heart was filled with warmth and love!  I really want you all to know how grateful I am to all of you and how loving you have been to Brooklin.  Thank you for being so supportive and loving in so many different ways!  I think 90% of the emails I get from Brook talk about how much love she has for each and every one of you!  She talks about mom supporting her like as if her own mom would and she talks about dad always helping with anything she needs and Brandon being there for the hugs that I cannot give and Brooke being like a sister to her!  By the time you get this letter, she will probably be in the MIC.  So I would just like to say that you could not have given me a better gift than to take care and help get someone I love so much on a mission!  FAmily you are incredible and I just did not want all of your kindness and time to go unoticed!  Because, I notice and I am so grateful for all of you and Brittany and Michael!  Thank you!

It's incredible how the temple can bring people so close even on teh other side of the world.  Mom and Dad, you mention that you have put my name in the temple a lot....it does not go unoticed.  My patriarical blessing says that I will grow to understand the complete power of prayer.  It's amazing when I was on a litle island before and you litteraly start learning who you are talking to and the power he really has!  I know that the prayer circle in the temple brings blessings to me and I know I have felt your love "everytime".  Dad used to tell me when you pray, you need to listen, because there is someone always there listening to you!  I have learned to wait and listen and sometimes I am able to receive the feelings of comfort that I was so eager to receive!

I know and I have a testimony that the veil is thinner than any of us can realize.  The experiences I have had with the Comforter are indescribable.  He is there and he is aware of us and our need....whether spiritual, physical, or mental.  He is aware of our loved ones and is aware of those that are serving him and their families!  I know this because I have been comforted in times of need and I have been sent sngels to guide me and I have been given knowledge that has helped me see clearly and to see my purpose!  I am a missionary for our Savior and I love to be part of my Father in Heaven's army!

Tonga has challenges but does any other mission.  Tongan is a hard language to learn, but so is every other language!  Work is hard, but they wouldn't call it work unless it was hard!

I love the opportunity to serve and be where I am!  Even though you are 1000's of miles away I still feel like you are right next to me in my heart!  I have found that when we feel completely alone, it is when we have fogotten to pray!  Prayer is the key to all things.  How can we survive in this game called "life" if we don't ask the many who made the game to help us play and instruct us through it.

I love you all!
Your Elder Harmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment