Monday, January 20, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 1-20-14) [#18 from Tonga]

Hey My Beautiful Family,

Wow, today was awesome getting the chance to talk to you all on email!  I was so nice!  I enjoy hearing about the things that are going well at home.  Mom & Dad, I love hearing your testimonies and your faith!  It truly is remarkable.  One of my favorite phrases that I love to say now is "Tender Mercies"!  Because God has a hand in all of our lives!  Mom, I have noticed that you too love looking for tender mercies!  As I have pondered over the last 6 months & thought about the hard times & the blessings that come after these hard times (if endured well).

It's quite funny, I have been reading Elder Groberg's book that you sent me!  I love how you said in the fond of the book (mom)....I bet you are living some of these experiences!  It is crazy, I feel as if I am living his book!  His stories and advice have been helping me so much & have opened my eyes to many things.

I want you all to know that I know this is the true gospel!  Joseph Smith at the age of 14 saw God the Father & His Son!  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God!  I know we have a true prophet on the earth today!  I know that this church has the authority on this earth!  I know that our Savior Jesus Chris died for all of us!  I know that we can live with our families for eternity!  I know we can repent of our sins because of Christ's atonement!  I know that Thomas S Monson receives direct revelation from God the Father!  I know I am a "direct" servant of our Heavenly Father, doing what he would have me do!  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Family, your e-mails and letters have brought me so much joy and so many laughs and smiles!  There are a few things I want to focus on that I didn't have time to respond to in my e-mail.

Brandon, you expressed a concern about me being mad at you because you quit football!  I want you to know that I want you to follow your passion and your love!  I want you to do what makes you happy.  If you do what makes you happy, then I will be happy!  I am excited to see where your desires take you and the road that you ave in front of you!  You are an incredible young man with amazing potential!

Brooke, sweet heart I missed talking to you.  I suppose you were in Sunday School. (good girl)  Just know I love you and missed hearing your sweet words!

Brittany, happy birthday!  You are getting quite old!  It is crazy to see time just disappear!  I still can not believe that we are to this point in our lives.  You changed my life forever & you have always been my example!  Love you Brittany!

Mom & Dad
I am so sorry!  It's hard to keep up with all your amazing quotes and scriptures and stories!  I love each & everyone of them!  Just know I read "everything" even if I don't respond!  Thank you for your time and your efforts in my behalf!  It could not mean more to me!

Your Elder/Son/Brother
Blake Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment