So On Monday this last week we were brought back to our little Island in Noapapu! We Had our last Family home evening in our Noapapu ward. It was very tender to listen to everyone in our ward thank us for our service and express there love to us individually! It is crazy how close we have gotten to all of the amazing people on Noapapu. It was hard to say goodbye to the ones we love so much! But the next day as they saw us off at the boat dock they were all so tender and loving, i know one day i want to go back to see these amazing people.
When we got back to Neiafu we packed our bags and headed down to the Warf to wait for the boat!!! Right when we got down there I saw my two favorite people getting off the boat! Elder Riddle and Elder Swan!!!! I hadnt seen Elder Riddle since his accident and I hadnt seen swan since the MTC!!!!! How great it was to catch up and embrass each other!!!! It was fun sharing stories back and forth and hearing different hard ships! In alot of ways this made me alot stronger, and refreshed to take on the new challenges ahead!
So after that we entered the Boat ( The Deadly Rollercoaster!!! ))) But guess what I did not get sick at all!!!! In fact I enjoyed the ride!!!!! It was so smooth and I was able to sleep 90 percent of the time hahaha.......
But right when we got to Tonga, All of my buddies from the Mtc were waiting at the Dock!!!! Elder Dehl, bunting, freer, crosby, harris, grant, patie, man was it good to see so many obiedent and familiar faces!!!!! I was able to catch up with them for a little while! After me and my New comp Elder Latai went to our House and settled in! Our house is 10X better than the one in Noapapu, even though we still have rats and mice running around!!!
The next day we went to a big meeting that had every missionary on tonga. It was amazing!!!! President and a guy from newzealand spoke at it!!!! They talk about a new book called adjusting to missionary life! It was really a big life changing meeting for about everyone in the room! Responsibility and agency are such amazing things that we have in our life!!!!
But after the meeting me and Latai went our and meet the people in our wards!!! We have 2 huge wards!!!!!!! And the members are so eager to help!!!!!!!! WE have 4 Investigators the FIRST DAY!!! And at church 2 of them came!!!!! Me and Latai both bore our testimonies on sunday and introduced our selfs to both of the wards!!!! We have taught 2 lessons to 2 investigators already and we have 2 baptismal dates the the 28th of january!!! It is incredible to see the tongan people work as one with the missionarys!!! Here in MATAHAU every member is a Missionary!!! Our first ward every person in the boundry is baptised and active!!! how incredible!!!!!!! My companion is awesome and he is ready to work.... I am loving TONGA
Oh im also gaining wieght...... so I started using a nieghbors wieght set..... and finally someone killed a dog for me and my comp! That is what i will be eating tonight!!!!! I love you all and pray for you all so often!!!
Your son, Brother and Friend. -Elder Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment