Shannon was so worried. When I called her today, I could tell she had been crying. Brooke had also been sobbing all afternoon. I decided to call he mission office to see what the word was and the concern over the Elders safety. I talked to a sweet sister in the office who assured us that the missionaries are under the care of the Lord and that they would be fine. She also told me that she had met Blake and proceeded to tell me what a wonderful missionary he is. She also stated that she had been on a speed boat ride with him and had gone pretty fast :)
Then she passed me off to an Elder that was in the office who wanted to speak to me. It was Elder Riddle who is his Zone Leader. What a wonderful treat to be able to speak with him. He had a lot of kind words to say about Blake, his character, spirit for the work, and his toughness physically, mentally, and spiritually. He let us know that Blake was in good hands and was hunkered down with the other Elders in missionary quarters, had plenty of food and was being watched over by the sweet members. He also let us know that Blake was getting treated with triple antibiotics for his face infection along with a topical treatment.



No comments:
Post a Comment