Family :)
It is crazy to think this year is rolling to a close and we are now entering the year 2014. I look back on this year with warmth in my heart. I have had so many opportunities to grow and experience so much of what life has to offer.
I have experienced the feelings of a High School Graduate and the feelings of support from accomplishing such a goal. I have experience opening a mission call in the presence of people without number there to support me. I experienced entering the temple with my dad as my escort and experienced entering the celestial room with my mom and dad there to greet me! I experienced the thrills of racing on BYU's track with thousands of people watching (my mom's voice still being heard above them all). I also experienced fear, but it was accompanied by comfort from my family.
But on July 31st, I stated something that is more than just an experience, it is a road map. It is difficult, but I know it will be worth it. As I have gone through trials and through times of despair and loneliness, I want you to know I can still feel my family cheering me on!
Just a couple of days ago, I had the privilege of talking to you all on the phone. I want you to know how grateful I am for such a loving and caring family! I appreciate the little things and the big things!
Mom, there is no better peace to a missionary than when he gets to hear his mothers voice on the phone. Mom, I appreciate so much the advice and the conversation we were able to have together! Our bond is something so so strong! And I loved being able to hear you say "DUDE" on the phone!
Dad, thank you for providing me with so much strength. I am so proud to have a mom and dad so in tune with the spirit. This meas so much to me, because I am amble to receive answers to my prayers every time you and mom write to me! When you told me what you said to me before I went into the MTC, I have never felt so much father/son love before. I want to thank you for being such an amazing dad to me.
Brandon, all I have to say is when I hear your voice, I couldn't help but smile. I could just picture mine and your Christmas's together and our hanging out together! You sounded amazing and you looked like a stud! I was sorry to hear all your friends but Michael are not being too nice to you, but just keep being the "righteous" stud I know you are! God will bless you for it!
Brooke, I can't get over how old you looked to me! You are growing up so fat and maturing so quickly! You seem to be doing incredible in school. Keep it up! School is so so important! You are incredible Brooke. Be the incredible example I know you can be to your friends!
Family, I love you! Happy New Year!
-Your Missionary
Elder Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment