Tuesday, December 10, 2013

E-mail (Dated: 12/10/2013)

Tonight we were sleeping soundly when all of the sudden my cellphone started ringing.  It was my daughter Brittany calling to tell us that she was checking e-mail before she went to bed and that Blake was back in Neiafu and was online e-mailing.  Here is his letter, and also some pictures that he sent us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, It has been a month sense I have come back from my island of Nuapapu!!!! It has been a crazy four weeks. I feel like a lot has happened, so let me catch you up with as much as I can for how little time I have been given to email!!!!

Right when returned to my island that Sunday I was asked by a boy that I had grown really close to to baptize him!!!! He said he had been wanting me to do it for quite sometime but he didn't have a white skirt to do it!!! But I was able to do the baptism! It was beautiful. The ceremony was gorgeous and the singing was beautiful. While he and I were walking out to the deeper part of the water the congregation was singing, it was a very spiritual experience for me! Ha it was funny though one minute before I baptized him i had to memorize his name.  That would be easy except that he has 7 names for his full name!!!!! ... plus remember the Tongan baptism prayer hahaha, but I did it thankfully:)

As for our investigator.... for a while he was struggling with wanting to continue hearing from us and wasn't sure he wanted to keep commitments. But the other week he came to us and said he has a desire to quit smoking and to continue hearing the gospel messages... so we were able to give him a blessing and show our love and concern towards him!!! It is a very beautiful thing to see God's children come closer to him!

In our last meeting here in Vava'u (Neiafu) we were given a challenge by our mission president to read the Book of Mormon again from start to finish before the year ended! I was able to finish the Book of Mormon in 18 days it was quite an amazing experience for me to be in the Book of Mormon for the majority of my studies!!!!! I have gained so much more knowledge and love for the prophets and for the teachings in the Book of Mormon!!!!! I have been overwhelmed by the truthfulness of its teachings...... I know its power and I know It can strengthen all of our lives daily!!! There is a power in the Book of Mormon that nothing in this world can replace. It is directed to our generation and it is a guideline for us and it is how we can receive answers from our Heavenly Father! I know MY Heavenly Father has blessed my life SO SO much for studying his words...... I don't know how I was able to go so long in my life without picking up the Book of Mormon every day and pondering on Gods words!!!!

Our Island is getting ready for a big family reunion and tons of people will be coming!!!!! So they are constantly having us do service projects, like cut grass, paint fences, cut trees, make benches etc.

We have been going to Matamaka, the town next to Nuapapu.... to do service and after we have huge kai polas... which are big feasts!!!!! They are amazing, I'm really starting to love the food soo I really enjoy these things!!!!! We have a new zone leader it is riddle and mu amomolev. Riddle was my companion the first two weeks when i was in tonga so i am so exctied about that!!!!!

But it is time for me to go it is getting late here I will write tomorrow and finish details of Nuapapu!!!!!! I am doing great!!!!  love you alll!!!!!





2 comments:

  1. So awesome! You to remind me again what his email address is . . . . Kirsten

    ReplyDelete