Sunday, December 22, 2013

Email (Dated:12/22/2013)

Today we just got home from church when Blake started e-mailing us.  He is on Neiafu for Christmas.  We look forward to hearing from him in a few days.

Here is the broad note that he sent everyone for an update.  He also sent us a picture.  Looks and sounds great!

----------------

Wow Time is flying!!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!! I hope you are all having an amazing Christmas holiday season!!!! And I hope you are all enjoying the snowy weather for me, because you know how much I love it!!!! Don't worry I'm just soaking up the sun for you:)
Wow this last week has been pretty amazing for me!!!! On this last Monday we had the opportunity to serve our neighbors and to help them build a big hut, so they can have some of there relatives that are coming for Christmas, stay in it!!!!! It was so amazing because this is the first time we were actually aloud to do what they call men's work hahaha. It was so fun and amazing to finally be useful to our member that feed us everyday..  It is so nice to give back. That night we had family home evening with my first counselors family. It was awesome we taught them about the importance of the holy ghost and we did a fun skit with them!!!

On Tuesday we got to go help the (Church of Tonga) build something called a fale tonga!!!! Its a hut for the missionaries of other churches , to do meetings in and have there yoga classes in hahaha..... and a bunch of other things.... but its made out of trees and dried up huge leafs!!! it was amazing to actually have other church leaders let us help them out..... because of this, it created a domino effect and the Wesleyan church let us come help them paint there ( huge) church.... it was amazing to see everyone's hearts be softened to us all in one week.... the lord works in amazing ways!!!!!

Now all the people of the Church of Tonga and Wesleyan, finally are respecting us and same with the members..... so I am so excited to see the opportunities that are to come!!!!!!!

Last Thursday we were taken off of our island until Christmas is over, because my companion got two huge boils on his face and had to get hospitalized.... ( he's doing a lot better now..... ) but we have been in Neiafu in a place called Toula...

The first day we were here we got to teach a lesson., to someone that left the church when he was younger but  is interested again.... I got to teach him about the Book of Mormon... and before I ended talking he asked me if he could have one to read.... Such an amazing experience!!!!!

I love you all so much!!!!!

The picture is me getting to drive the boat back to my motu hahaha..... yeah I'm gaining weight in my face.....:) ofa lahi atu





No comments:

Post a Comment