Wow time is flying! Mom and Dad, Happy Anniversary! Technically in America it really is your anniversary! Wow, I have some pretty incredible parents! I hope your holiday is going incredible. It is weird to think that it is probably snowing in Utah right now! It is just barely starting to get incredibly hot here & it is weird because everyone in Noapapu has been singing Christmas songs. Even though they are Tongan, and have never seen snow before, they are singing songs like "Jingle Bells....Dashing Through the Snow" :)
Today is supposed to be transfer day....but this is Tonga so our transfer is delayed two days so I will write you on Wednesday and tell you what is going on.
12/5/13
Family...They still haven't told us where we need to be going this transfer. Time has a different meaning here, so I will let you know when I find something out.
I wanted to let you know of a challenge my mission president gave us. He challenged us to restart the Book of Mormon and finish it before the year ended. I just finished it today. I was able to read it in 19 days. It was incredible to be reading in the Book of Mormon so often, so I challenge you as a family to read the Book of Mormon in 2 months, and I know you will be blessed because of it.
12/6/13
Hey, so my black pen died....sorry haha, but the zone leaders called today and we are staying here this transfer! My new zone leader is Elder riddle! He was my companion for the first two weeks I was in Tonga! So I am absolutely stoked about that haha!
Oh, my other zone leader is Mau manaleva (try saying that fast :) It is going to be interesting to see how calling you guys on Christmas is going to work out. I hope we will get service because we will be on Noapapu (literally in the middle of no where) Next week we have a zone meeting, so I am planning on emailing you then & finding out when we can talk.
So as for Noapapu lately, the work has still been really slow. We are lucky if we are able to do two teachings in one day... We are still teaching our investigator. He has been trying to quit smoking. The other day we had a chance to give him a blessing to help him, and for the past 4 days, he hasn't had any problems, so we are just doing our best.
One of the hardest things about Noapapu is that everyone sleeps during the day, then they do dances (traditional dances) & churches have their choir practice during the night. Literally, there is something going on from 9pm to 5:30am...so naturally, everyone is tired and sleeps a lot during the day, and this makes it difficult to speak with anyone. So, we have figured out ways but it is still difficult. Especially when there is already only 60 people around anyway. (Oh, our missionary quarter has a rat problem now....) It might be the worst missionary quarters in the entire mission...hahaha.
But overall, I am doing good, learning a lot, but I am good.I love you all so much and hope everything is going well at home! Don't worry about me, I'm in the hands of the Lord! Love you all!
Your son/brother
Elder Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment