Monday, November 25, 2013

Hand Written Letter (Dated 11-25-13) [#10 from Tonga]

Wow, can you believe its almost Christmas time.....now I think about it, you will probably get this letter in January, hahaha, but that is alright.  Merry Christmas Anyway!

So my week has been really depressing with our investigators not making the progress that we had hoped. We continue to work hard and have faith.  So, instead of talking about the work, I thought I would just talk to you about some of the things that I am grateful for since it is Thanksgiving back home.

I would like to start off by telling you Mom and Dad how grateful I am for such amazing parents.  You two have been perfect examples to me of how true disciples of Christ should raise their kids!  Mom & Dad I am so grateful that I have you two to look up to!  Thank you for raising me up in this gospel!  Thank you for being married in the temple, so our family can be sealed forever.  Thank you for giving me the opportunities to chase after my dreams & my passions (football, track, snowboarding) & a million more things!  Thank you for supporting me through everything I ever did!  Thank you for giving me this beautiful opportunity to serve the Lord because it it weren't for you, I wouldn't have had this once in a life time opportunity.  I love you both more than words can explain!  THANK YOU!

Brittany, thank you for being an example to me my whole life growing up!  Thank you for showing me the ropes on how the oldest should act!  Trust me you were the better one at it by far!  Thank you for beautiful haircuts!  Thank you for marrying someone our family all loves!

Brandon, thank you for being my best friend.  Being out here reminds me of how much fun we had together.  I will never forget the summer and all the bonding we had.  Frisbee, sea dooing, wrestling in the lake, playing zombie highway, watching heros, eating top ramen, going the temple and then after going and getting BETOs.  I love having you as my brother.  I could not be more lucky!

Brooke, you are so incredible!  I am so thankful for you and your loving self.  When you sacrificed your personal camera and gave it to me for my mission, it touched my heart and showed me so much love.  I think about you every time I use it.  I am so lucky to have a sister like you to look up to.  Soon I am going to be looking up to you literally!  I hear you are growing so fast, haha!  Thank you for showing me love and kindness.  I will never be able to thank you enough for your loving sacrifices.

This last part, just for kicks & giggles, I thought I would share with you some of the little things I am grateful for that I normally wouldn't have thought of at home.  They are: "showers, flushing toilets, water pressure, cold water, ice cubes, sidewalks, lights, fast mail service, laundry machines, pens and paper, some american foods, convenience of purchasing things, and Brittany's haircuts!

Happy Thanksgiving!
I love you all and I hope next week goes better for our investigators so that I can share more positive news.

Love you all!
Your Missionary
Elder Harmon


No comments:

Post a Comment