Hey Family,
How is everything going your way? It has been a fantastic week for my companion and I here in Nuapapu! Things picking up for some of our inactive members. This Sunday we had three of them show up to church. It was quite amazing! The ward delayed the temple trip for the ward until early next year in hopes that more members can go to the temple. This means that Elder Price and I have a lot of work to do to help them prepare.
This week I also had the amazing opportunity! Our Bishop's son & I have grown pretty close and he still had not been baptized so he asked me if I would do it. It was an incredible experience to baptize someone that I have grown so close to. The day of the baptism was beautiful!! The entire ward was singing in Tongan as we walked out into the ocean. I had to memorize seven names plus the Tongan baptismal prayer in just a few minutes. Haha, no problem. I had the Lord on my side and everything went just fine.
After the baptism, I was asked to give a talk about missionary work...I had 2 minutes to prepare. It was a little scary for me because our stake president was there. So, I just did my best to relate missionary work to service and explain how service opens up doors for missionary work. I was also able to bless the sacrament in Tonga for the first time. I was very hard, haha .... especially having to say it 'perfectly'! But it worked out! :)
Just last night, Elder Price and I had a pretty incredible experience. We had come to the house about 8ish, when one of our investigators asked if we could come do a lesson at his house. We looked at each other and said, "Of Course!" Earlier this week we had been a bit discouraged because of our concern about our investigator being able to keep the commitments leading to baptism. But as we talked to him, he said that he had stopped smoking for now about 6 days and he was ready to follow through on other commitments. Having him say these words has made this whole last 4 months of sacrifice all worth it! He is on the straight and narrow and preparing for baptism! If he comes to church on Sunday, then he has an appointment with the bishop right after for a baptismal interview!
He also invited one of his friends to l listen to us and our message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is incredible to see how Heavenly Father prepares and opens doors. This work is truly incredible! The Lord loves everyone and I am blessed enough to be put on a tiny island of 60 people in a village and still be able to affect individual lives.
I want you to know that this is the Lord's work and that he is always there to guide us. The power of prayers is real. Heavenly Father is always listening, even when it feels like you are are all alone. Our Savior has felt all of our dissappointments, and I know I can always turn to him for comfort. The scriptures contain knowledge that we need, daily! I love this gospel and this work!
I love you family with all of my heart! I want you to know that I am doing well and that I will see you before we know it, so I have to take advantage of this time :) You are incredible! I love all of you and I hope you are able to feel my love.
Your Missionary / Son / Brother
Elder Hamoni
P.S. The children found out my first name, so they call me BIAKA & sometimes MONI
No comments:
Post a Comment