Hey My Incredibly Amazing Family!
Aw, I hope you are all doing so well! I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and most of all enjoying being together as such an amazing family. We are so so blessed to have this incredible family that we do. This week I read the book "Our Search for Happiness" I absolutely fell in love with it. The book describes things about our church in such detail, and brings so much joy. I really like when it talks about the family and how it is eternal. I have never been so overwhelmed with love and peace in my heart. We have such an amazing gift given to us and that is the knowledge of this gospel.
This week, my companion and I, along with the members of Nuapapu have been focusing on a quote by David O. Mckay "Every Member a Missionary"! So all week, my companion and I have gone to the member's houses and invited them to think of someone they know that they could invite to listen to the missionaries and come to church. It has been an awesome experience seeing the members get so involved and have a strong desire to have their friends hear the message of the true restored gospel here on the earth.
At the moment we only have one progressing investigator but he has been keeping commitments and has been reading the Book of Mormon. He is my age. We are teaching him lesson 4 about the Sabbath day, tithing, chastity, and the Word of Wisdom. It will be interesting because he struggles with the word of wisdom. We will continue to have lots of faith on his behalf.
This week we were able to do a few service projects. We have been able to help some people in the "bush" and we have helped do the leaf stuff, be we also get to help put someone's boat in the water. Talk about something being heavy!
This week I ate something new, horse! We actually ate it for about five days this week. We also ate seagull. You can't do that in Utah, haha. Horse is actually really good surprisingly.
I want to give you a few challenges. First, you need to be a missionary to everyone! One of my regrets from home was that I believe I could have been a greater missionary to my friends. I could have mentioned the church more and I could have invited them to church more. I was always afraid of losing them or being the friend that only talked about the church, but I can tell you....I promise you will be happier if you will be the friend that is centered on the church. You will touch people's hearts adn you will make the difference! One more challenge is tho read the book "Our Search for Happiness". Focus on us as a family and the amazing gift we have been given to have the gospel in our lives.
I love you all so much! We are an eternal family and a family that can make a difference! You are so incredible! Thank you for your support and love! You will never know how much it has meant to me!
Every Harmon A Missionary!
With so much love
Elder Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment