Family,
On e-mail, I promised I would fill you in on what has been going on and so that you can be filled in on all the details. These are blessed and sacred moments for me to look back on my week and share this powerful and remarkable experience with my beloved ones.
I believe that on email I told you about Moule and Sione and their beautiful experience at the temple! How blessed I am to be able to bask in these incredible experiences in their lives. I think about how the spirit works and when one teaches with it, he himself who speaks is taught as well as the person he is speaking to. This is the same as bringing others into the gospel and watching them partake of the fruits of everlasting words and eternal ordinances.
I told dad some of my goals that I have for myself and this area for my last transfer as a missionary. One of those goals is to bring the joys of this gospel to a lady named Panitita. She is a single parent who's husband left her after telling her he would go to New Zealand to earn money and he never came back. There is hope for this family and I see it. I have seen the miracles of this gospel and I have experienced them. I am currently living one!
I want to see others experience the same thing I did and be truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want others to feel the power of God's words as they read the Book of Mormon and know what people mean when they say the words in the Book of Mormon apply to us personally. I have experienced this daily. I know we all can!
I'm not go to lie. I feel tired. I feel like I could coast now. I feel like I have done a good job up until now, but I know that I can't do that. I have never done that. I will finish with a bang! I will finish with my whole heart, might, mind, and strength.
So, I have a few families I want to tell you about. We are working with a lot of couple families that have all recently been married and we have been seeing progress with them as we teach them and get them to make commitments. All of them have little babies so we have been focused a lot on what visions they have for their children in the future. All of them have awesome visions and expectations. It is just a matter of putting them in place.
6/2/15
Awe, so last night we got to have our family home evening with all of these families. It was fun for us all to be gathered together and for every family to have similar situations so each person could be pretty open with their feelings and their needs! It was a blast to be able to associate with them all. They are about 1-2 years older than me. So, it was a somewhat familiar feeling to when I would be involved with people that I went to school with and could relate with.
It has been incredible to see hearts opened and people come to an understanding of the gospel principles and how important these principles are in their lives.
I have seen the effects of what the gospel does in one's life and I have also witnessed those without it and I can bear testimony that one with the gospel is one that has joy. I did not say they have a perfect life without hardships, but they have peace and joy because they know...they know of heavenly blessings that have been promised. They know that this is what Heavenly Father wants for us and this is how he wants us to live our lives and prepare to come unto Him!
Your Son/Brother
Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment