Sunday, June 28, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 6/28/15)

Hey Everyone,

It has been a very emotional roller-coaster these last few weeks, Weird to think that next Monday will be my last in Tonga and it will be my last P-day to receive letters and talk to you before we are in person.

I would love to share with you a experience I feel impressed to share. I am pretty sure I was able to share with you how last week we were able to start talking with some new less active families. One of these families has come so far in just one week's time since we last e-mailed.  Last Monday we challenged the family to read the Book of Mormon as a family. The next day we followed up and it turns out nobody read. We decided as a companionship to read as a family with them. We asked them to pull out their Books of Mormon (last time they told us they had some laying around somewhere). One little girl stood up and went to the back room and was looking for a while then walked out with 5 dusty Books of Mormon. The mom look very surprised as this little girl passed out the books to her siblings. We read in 2 Nephi 29. Each person read two verses and at the end of the reading would describe what is it they read and what the spirit taught them about the verse. As it went the spirit was strong and hearts were opened and they felt the warning voice of this great book.

At the end of the lesson after we bore firm testimony of this book. The mother asked us if she could have a few moments to share with us. We turned the time over to her and as she began to speak tears filled her eyes. She began to tell us that she has had a strong dislike toward the Book of Mormon her whole life. Every time missionaries, ward members or anyone would give their kids a Book of Mormon she would tell them to throw it out. You could see her broken heart and we began to feel her contrite spirit as she began to bear testimony of how she knows now for herself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, another testament of Jesus Christ! It was powerful as she told us that she now has has strength and courage to share this with her husband who has not let the church be part of their kids or her life. She said, "I need to share this truth with my husband, because I have felt the spirit today and cannot deny it."

I am a witness of the Book of Mormon changing lives including my own. I'm so grateful to be part of these miracles! Love you all so much and I will see you in a short amount of time!

YOUR SON AND BROTHER
Mom DUDE
Brooklin SYST




 



No comments:

Post a Comment