Family,
The spirit has been incredibly strong this week in my life and in all the things that we have been able to do. This entire week, we have been painting the palace of the king. It has been incredible! I will talk about that on e-mail but right now I want to focus on a question that sister Tupou have me and the missionaries. Here question went something like this. "Hos does our purpose as a missionary compare to serving the king and painting his face?" I was able to answer her question, but in thinking about my answer this whole weekend, it bother me. I know there was a better answer. I decided to pray about it for greater understanding.
The next day, was stake conference. We were able to listen to a member of the Seventy (Elder Thompson). the beginning of his talk , he started talking about symbols and how important they are. He talk about the first symbol as the star in Bethlehem that representing the birth of Christ our Savior. His entire talk was focused on how we must show symbols/signs to our Father in Heaven that we are committed to Him. Show Him that we are diligent, that we are obedient, but most of all that we love Him!
Immediately, I thought back to the reason I came on a mission. I thought about the love I have for my Father in Heaven and how that is what brought me out to serve a mission. That is my purpose here. Then I thought about how service has to do with that, and it was simple as I thought about my favorite scripture in Mosiah 2:17. That is what we are doing as we serve. We are giving our Father in Heaven a symbol that we love Him!
Family and friends, the reason that I share this is because I want to express the importance of seeking for the answers to our questions side-by-side with God. I have witnessed the power of personal revelation take place as we first seek God and we ask and we take on faith and we put it to work. This tool will bless you in your lives. This is something that we must do daily. We must approach God with a question. How do we expect to learn more if we don't ask? How do we expect to be directed if we don't ask where it is we need to go?
Joseph Smith demonstrated this as he asked God which church is it that he should join. He did not say which church is true, but rather he asked a question in an act of faith as he said, "Which church is it that I SHOULD JOIN?"
I want to bear my witness of the importance and power that comes from asking, because I myself have received.
In this I say, in Christ's name, amen.
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
Your Son/Brother
Families are Forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment