Family (Forever),
So this last email, I spent a lot of the email focused on the car incident and didn't focus on much of what has been going on in my area. So I would love to share with you some personal experiences with some really close less active families of mine. We have been working on a family called the Vai family. The are so uplifting. They are very close to my age. They probably graduated with Brittany. They have a little daughter and she is just a doll. We have had the opportunity to have many family home evenings with them. In these family home evenings, we have given them different challenges. Tonight we went and checked up on the commitments they made and it is beautiful to see how they have been conquering and doing the things we are challenging them to do. They have been going to church every week. As I shared a little spiritual message that was personal to me and I knew that it could mean a lot to them, I could see their desire grow to become true examples of Christ. I shared the second verse "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" and I described how it has made the biggest difference in my life. How my parents taught me the gospel and have shown me the light. I applied it to them and how it is so important for them to do this for their baby as she grows, but that they must start now. For all things start to build from a foundation!
It has been beautiful to see this family walk through those church front doors these last two weeks in a row! There is a joy that I have learned here in Touliki that is like no other joy I have ever experienced in my mission. This last week of church, we had almost every single family that we have been working on show up to church!! It was incredible!! Our less active's class was a blast! We had so many people show up!
I think I mentioned on e-mail Panitita's baptismal date. She is preparing and I know that she will be ready. I believe she is one of the main purposes for me being here for my last transfer!
By the way, if you are reading this, I imaging that I have two weeks left. Well, we did it! This mission has been a team effort. Just like a band cannot perform or succeed without fans, I could not have had this experience without all of you! I will forever be grateful to each and everyone one of you. Family support has meant so much to me while I have been on a mission. you have all become so much more valuable to me in every single way in my life!
P.S. Just in case I didn't mention anything on e-mail, ask me about services at the palace. I still remember like it was yesterday that Dad was talking about how the King's palace was not very big and we were so surprised how I feel like it is so nice! Weird how our minds can switch and become more used to other perspectives.
Your Brother/Son
We are an Eternal Family
Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment