Sunday, June 7, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 6/7/15)

A story a Mom probably does not want to hear.

Hahaha don't be nervous by the title mom. Everything is all good, so take a deep breath before you read any more, haha.

So I guess I will start with my intense story of what happened this week to me and my companion, We were driving down the road in the main part of our area when we saw a group of people gathered together. It seemed like something bad had happened or that something was going on. We drove up to see what was up and when one of our members ran up to us crying saying that her grandchild had been hit in the head by a car and had been rushed to the hospital. She asked us if we could run and tell his mother and run her to the hospital. My companion quickly dialed the mission president as I rushed to the mothers house. My companion told president we needed to run a woman to the hospital whose kid just got hit by a car..... 30 seconds later phone rang again and it was president. He thought we were the ones that hit the kid.... After we clarified things he said, "of course" ... we could take her. Without trying to panic the poor mother, we helped her in the car and told her that her son is in the hospital and had been in an accident. He is about 5 years old by the way.

At this point we don't know if the boy only has a certain amount of time to live or what, so we were in a major rush. I know many of you have seen me drive and sometimes I'm not the slowest driver. Regardless, we saw this as an exception.  As we came to town (it was Friday so everyone was in town and this is a two lane road). As we drove, my companion turned on the hazard lights, and as as he turned them on he said fainga ketau alu ( time to get going)! He pointed to the middle section of the street and told me to drive in between both lanes...obviously no room to fit....but he held the horn on the car and I drove. It was very intense. It was as if we were watching the parting of the Red Sea with cars peeling off in both directions as we drove down the middle of the road.  I honestly felt like we were in the movies or something. I kept asking my companion if it was okay and he kept saying, "This is a must!"  We arrived at the hospital safely!

The boy is okay....he is alive and breathing. Turns out the car was at a dead stop and the kid ran into the car......so yup, the story got a little over exaggerated. Pretty intense week don't you think?!!

Panitita is doing awesome! We have a baptismal date for the 27th of June. My companion committed her and when she responded that the 27th of June is her birthday, my companion only repeated the question. The spirit was so strong and she said yes. I love seeing her progression.

Moale is still coming to church, but keep him in your prayers, he is still homeless and struggling.

I love you all so much!!!!!
Mom DUDE
Brooklin SYST


The thing I am kneeling on is for the King of Tonga to do his prayers.
I just happened to run into the person making it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment