Monday, June 30, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 6/30/2014) [#41 from Tonga]

Today we received a great letter from Blake.  However, there are parts in this letter that we decided to keep more  private and just posted some of the highlights.

----------------------------------------------------

Family:)!

I have thought about what I am going to write about in this letter and how I can follow the spirit in what I think you all need to hear.  Also, I want to remember these thoughts someday so writing them down is important. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I try to write in a way that shows what I have learned and where I'm "at" on my mission.  It's kinda like I'm writing in my journal, but on a different kind of level!:) Today, I really want to talk about TAU ATAINA KE FILI or Agency but mix it with TALANGOFUA or Obedience.

Lately I have been thinking about why I have been having such a rough time and why I have struggled so much this past year. What has caused this struggle? As I  have been thinking, a quote repeatedly comes to my mind. "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it."

....

God will not place a trial in front of us that we can not overcome! 1 Cor 10:13  As I have thought about this, I have asked myself if I really know that I was called of God.  Without a shadow of doubt, I know that no one else could have called me here! God knew that as a missionary, I would be able to handle the challenges of Tonga.  He knew that I would have the ability to choose an obedient path that would come at the expense of tears, head and heartaches, and much struggle.  But I know that this path that I am on is the only one that God would want me on. But what humbles me most is that I know that before I went through these challenges, the Savior already walked these trials through His atonement.

I am not here for myself, but rather, I am here for my Heavenly Father and for what He wants me to do. Lately, I have felt that my calling here was to be a leader to my companions and others by way of example. I realize that my opportunities as a football captain for many years was my opportunity to learn how to lead and that this was preparation for what I am called to do here in Tonga. I will be eternally grateful for the opportunities God has given me through my life to prepare for where I am right now!

I have learned so much on my mission. I am so blessed to be in Tonga. What a privilege it is to server here and to have an impact on those around me!

I am privileged to have my Heavenly Father's people and my Heavenly Father's trust in my hands! I feel that it is my duty to show a path of obedience and to shine a bright light on the path of Christ! For I have been called to His work!

Love you all!
Your Son/Brother
But always remember we are an Eternal Family ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment