Sunday, June 22, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 6/22/2104)

Well so today, I didn't even notice how fast my time was disappearing as i responded to everyone's emails, so I will try and make it short and sweet :)

So as of a result of working hard with our members, we have been able to get on the same page with a couple families and with their help and their trust, we have been able to teach to amazing kids, Vaka and Siupeli. These are referrals that we received last week, we are still working on the other two, but these two have been a joy to teach!!!!! Vaka is 12 and Siupeli is 15, but I thought he was 17 at least haha -- pretty big for his age, kinda like Brandon hahaha:).  They will be baptized this Wednesday.  We rejoiced in happiness when we went to talk to their parents about baptizing them. Their dad is a minister at another church, but all of his cousins are Mormon, so they have such a good support system!!!!! We are so excited for them!!!!! They both have been coming to church every once in a while  for the past 2 months, but just this last week, we finally got the okay to teach them, prayer is such a powerful tool, and so very powerful as a companionship!!!!

We have been working with a less active family named Aki and Selu, and we have been trying to get them to come to church probably for the last 3 months.  This last Sunday Aki came to church with us... Haha I walked up to his door with my white shirt and tie in hand and handed it to him and invited him to church, and he happily agreed.  The next morning when we picked him up, I have never seen a happier face. It was a beautiful experience to have him be with us at sacrament meeting as we got to explain more in depth the importance of sacrament and why we need to do it every week. It was very tender!

Emeline is in Vava'u and comes back this week, so we will continue to teach her.

Eni and Eva have been really busy, and Afeliti is in New Zealand, so we are excited to see what the future holds.

This last week I have thought a lot about why I am still here in Sopu, and I have realized that if I am still here, there is still something I haven't learned yet, or someone here that still needs me.  I'm excited to take on the opportunities and see what it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment