I thought I would open up your eyes to on whats happening in Tonga.... It is winter here, or what I would call is just another summer hahaha.... The kids just hit a mid term here, so they have this whole week off of school. So it kinda feels like I'm back in Utah...... :)
My Heart is warm today as I have had beautiful opportunities to read some incredible emails that have touched my heart deeply. Its a pretty miraculous blessing to have 3 of some of my best friends going through some incredible experiences.. I rejoice it there successes and their loyalty to our Savior!!! Brian, you are a solider if I have ever met one! I'm proud of you and you let me tell you, you do make a difference! I can picture my self in the MTC and can remember all the times that your going through, and without a doubt can picture the solid missionary that you are! You will change lives, the language sounds difficult, tons harder than Tongan, but hey look at the person that learning it, he can do anything, that's why they chose you!!!!!
Blake, I have been heart broken to hear about how bad your back is doing, but I pray for you constantly and know the Lord has you in his hands, and no matter what you will be blessed because of your hard work and dedication!!!!! I have loved to hear of your experiences and your trials, there is nothing that builds me up more than to hear the people I love just fight through their trials, because us as children of our Heavenly Father have so many especially being missionaries sharing his gospel!!! Look up to you a ton Blake.
Finally, but definitely not least, Brooklin. Wow you are an inspiration to me and you have made me so proud. You have such an incredible endurance, that it is addicting. I love hearing from you and being able to feel your strength in your Heavenly Father and your dedication to his work. At times I know that its going to be hard but you don't let that stop you, you look at the trails ahead and the mountain ahead and you run full steam ahead. You are incredible and I am so happy to be able to call you MY missionary!!!
Mom, and Dad: Mom it's funny how you told me that you took awhile to get into the temple, because it took us awhile too!!!! I got in our session around 12:20 so I am pretty sure we were there around the same time!!!! Aw I am so blessed! I was able to feel all of your love and your arms wrapped around me. I hope you were all able to feel mine!!!!!
So we have been waiting to email for about 3hrs. The door to the building was locked and we could not get a hold of anyone, but I am so blessed to get the chance now. I just don't have a lot of time. I want to tell you a little of how everyone we are working with is doing!.
Eni and Eva- They have been really busy with a funeral so we haven't been able to return this last week, but we will continue to try...
Emeline- Her faith is incredible! Her grandmother just passed away, so we have not been able to teach her this week.
Aftetis family is in New Zealand.
Aneti's cousin passed away, so she couldn't meet with us this whole week.
Now you can probably see why my heart was so warm as I got onto email today to see that my friends are battling through trails, just like I am. Its probably the hardest thing for a missionary to have no one to teach in a week, but a few non interested people.
My companion and I, around Thursday, looked at each other and said yeah this is not fun. We decided that we need help, we can't do it on our own. So we asked for help from above and we then called a couple families to have us over for an early family home evening. We were able to go over to those families yesterday and express the importance of the family and the gospel in the family. In the preach my gospel video on disc one, I think chapter 13 it's taking about working with members. President Monson said that after you have expressed the importance of families, then challenge them to think of people that they know that has a family that is in need of spiritual help or that has a family with a son that is falling away,( just watch the video, its said a lot better than I could ever say it!!!!) Anyway, we got 5 referals that we are excited to contact!!!!!!!! Member missionary work is awesome. We are excited to continue this process in our companionship and I'm excited to see how I can improve to make bigger impacts with the families!!! I love you all so much!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment