This week was full of incredible experiences and tender moments with the spirit. At the beginning of our week, we were able to hold a fireside for non-members/investigators and less active members to join! We also called President Topou to come and speak at the event . . .Wow, what a beautiful fireside! The speakers were Salte Kauainuatuu (our recent convert). She did amazing,. It's been so nice to stay close to one of me and Arcos's recent converts! We also had another recent convert speak. She talked about how she is preparing to enter the temple with her husband and be sealed for eternity! Our 3rd speaker was Emeline Fusituu! She is our current investigator. It was incredible to hear her testimony and then right afterwards the "recent covert" bore testimony to her about how making these steps into baptism will change her life forever! Well, after our fireside, President Tupou was driving us home and on the way he said, "you guys know that she is ready to baptized but you "two" need to follow the spirit and find out how to help her know she is ready. This touched me really deeply as I pondered on it. I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to put myself in her shoes, then in her father's shoes, but most importantly see it from my Savior's shoes, "Our Savior's Shoes"!
Her Perspective: From her shoes, I can't imagine how much pressure is coming her way from the multiple influences in her life. She is living ins a house with all members and about every other day, she has the missionaries come over. But not just that, she wants to join but her father won't support her. Wow, this makes me break down into tears . . . I cannot imagine not having my father support me in everything I do that is good!
Her Dad's Perspective: Her Dad's perspective is different. He loves his daughter adn wants what is best for her and doesn't want her to stray from the path of the church where she grew up.
Savior's Perspective: In my mind I see an image of our Savior pulling for Emeline and I can only imagine how hurt he is to know how difficult this road is on her. But I now he is also smiling because she has been growing closesr to him!
As I have tried this week to see the situation from all three perspectives, I know that I can never truly understand the situation and the feelings involved, but our Savior can!
Yesterday, we were at Emeline's house, (actually her uncle's house....remember that her Dad lives in Ha'apai). Her uncle is actually our ward mission leader as well. So, we were talking to him about a few things but the family was having a game night. I was sitting at the table next to Emeline and I felt the spirit prompt me to talk to her and to help her. I wasnt' really sure about how to go about it so I cacually turned to her and said, "Emeline, what can my companion and I help you with? All we want to do is help! You are not on this journey alone! I will never forget the words that came out of her mouth. She said, "Honestly , . .allI want is for me, my sister, and my Dad to be able to be sealed together forever and I want my Dad to join this church with me!"
Wow, the spirit was there adn I could fill her commitment to her Heavenly father. But what words came next, I wasn't expecting. She said, "Can you help me have that?" I can't really convey to you exactly what I was able to convey to her in that moment, but I know that the Lord prepares his people and he prepares his missionaries! I was able to bear my testimony to her about how much her Savior loves her, and then able to tell her that I know her Dad loves her. We talked about her commitment to our Savior and about his commitment to us.
Family, if we would but listen to the spirit, there is so much being said and so much for us to follow. I think . . .let me rephrase. . . I knowthat a huge part of why I am her in Tonga is to learn "prefectly" the importance of the family and especially "eternal families". I want to bear my testimony that I know the family is of God and because it is of God, there are blessings, miracles and power that nothing else can bring/match! I know that we are a family of God.
Harmon Family
An Eternal Family
We are of God
and We Represent Him
I love you all so much. I hope my letters put a little warmth in all of your hearts and let you all know I love you and let you know that I love my Savior!
Never forget the quote that mom has on the shelf in the house. It is called Missionary Noun. It reads, "A person who leaves their family for a while so that others can be with their families forever!"
Your Son/Brother
-Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
BUT NEVER FORGET, WE ARE AND ETERNAL FAMILY
No comments:
Post a Comment