Sunday, June 29, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 6/29/2014)

Hey everyone!!!!! My thoughts are very scattered today.  We have walked over  over 6 miles today...just trying to find keys to a church so that I could send an e-mail.  The church where we normally go, the internet is not working... o yup hahaha.

This week we were able to have  the beautiful baptism of Vaka and Siupeli!!!! It was incredible! I could never describe in words the beautiful spirit that was there. I think what made the spirit even stronger was that we have grown so close to these young men.  I feel like I knew them up in heaven.  They are like little brothers to my companion and I. They were so happy and so excited to enter into the waters of baptism!!!! You should have seen how excited they were walking into church with their new Sunday clothes on Sunday and how excited they were to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost!!!!! I think what touched me the most were the testimonies they bore with such confidence!!!!!

We were invited to a birthday party for the gangster I was talking to you about a few letters ago.  You can see their picture below.  They have had some pretty crazy pasts. I was able to talk to them all personally about there perspective on religion and their belief in God.  It was crazy to see how they all grew up in the church and yet somehow down the road they started to lose belief, but not because they had doubts, but because sin became more comfortable as they told themselves the things they had believed were not true....

What a testimony builder to me about building my foundation upon a rock. One of them asked what I have learned so far on my mission and If I had gained anything out here.  It kinda took me back.  I look him straight in the eye and bore testimony to him that because of the gospel principles upon which I have built my life, and the devotion that I have given this gospel, my roots and my heart are so far deep in the gospel that nothing could pull me away. I have developed faith that I couldn't have anywhere else.  I have been tested to points that pulled me so deep, that I know with all my heart that this is the true and everlasting gospel.
That morning I was reading out of a book my neighbor let me borrow, it's called "Extremes".  It is a Deseret Book book. It was talking about how we need to build our testimonies now, so that we can be built upon a rock, so that our kids will see nothing but dedication in our hearts, because that is the only way you can raise a family on the rock of our redeemer. It has brought a whole new meaning to the song. "The Wise Man Build His House Upon a Rock."

Lastly I would like to close by thanking my family for helping me be build upon the Rock of my Redeemer!

I love you all so very much!
-Elder Harmon
Vaka and Siupeli Baptism - Very Spiritual Experience




Blake with Companion and Stake President


Blake with Some Friends from a Local Gang

My First Pig Kill

No comments:

Post a Comment