Family :)
I am really excited to write today because of the beautiful experience that we were able to have today. It is actually the 28th of February. I have been quite busy this week until now so I have been unable to write. I'm glad that ti get to include in this letter the experience of Tevita's and Hola's baptism!
Their father's hear has been softened after many fasts and prayers on be half of him self and his sons. The twins were excited and looking forward to their baptism so it was a true blessing to them that their father was understanding of their desire to follow Christ. Remember that their dad used to be a member but is less active now due to things that occurred in the past. He still has his testimony of the gospel. He just lets some of his bad habits take priority. The blessings of the gospel and the promises from the prophets and apostles are incredible. They tell us that if we live and stay true to the gospel that we will receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for us. I know this is why these twins needed the gospel so much in their lives. There will be a day when they together with their family will receive the blessings of the Father -- together. They have set the example and will make the difference. I'm excited about their fellow-shippers and how active the ward has been in helping them feel comfortable at church and all!
Their baptism service was beautify. They didn't have many clothes of their own, so one of their fellow-shippers grandma sewed them some skirts and polo t-shirts to wear to their baptism. They looked great! They were happy as they listened to their primary president teach them about the importance of baptism. The, afterwards, I had the opportunity to take them into the font and do the ordinance. It was beautiful! We had our ward mission leader give a short lesson about the Holy Ghost and had our bishop give closing remarks. It was beautiful! Wish you all could have seen it. It is crazy how so many people that have affected my life forever ... you will never have the opportunity to meet! Sometimes I wish I wasn't in Tonga on some little island so that you could meet all the people from my mission more easily!! It's alright. Maybe when I get home and tell you about everyone, you will be ablle to feel the love and impact they made on me!!
3/1/15
Crazy how time is flying!. It is already March. You will probably receive this in April or at least the end of March. We are nearing the close, but I want you to know how much I appreciate each one of you in my life and how much love you have rendered in my behalf and the sacrifices you have made for me. I am eternally grateful you all have been such a huge part of my mission!
The Savior lives. He loves every single one of us individually. He will always have his hand out stretched. We have a prophet and apostles to help guide us in these last days. We have the word of God translated by Joseph Smith who restored the gospel of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost and the power of God! I'm so happy to have this opportunity to share this message!
Kihi Kakai Katoupe!!
Love
Your Son/Brother
Blake Daniel Harmon
Our Family is ∞
No comments:
Post a Comment