Hey Everyone,
So glad to be able to say I feel so much better and have been able to engage in this beautiful work this week. I know I told you this past week that we anticipated on seeing two of our investigators enter the waters of baptism, but the adversary has been working very hard on the hearts of their parents. We have not given up, just some set backs....but nothing prayer and acts of faith can't fix. We are focusing on the positive and helping them continue to keep commitments and follow the footsteps of the Savior.
We have seen some awesome changes in our ward this week. We have gotten them very involved in the "inviting" processes. It has been fun to role play with them and see them have an increased desire to invite their neighbors and friends to listen to this beautiful message. We had lots of them get some of their friends to even to come to church, it was quite fun!!!!!
Me and Elder Bunting have actually been involving a lot of our efforts in the lives of less active members of the Koulo ward and some families in the Fangale'ounga branch. Success has been slow which is hard, especially as we continue to visit and teach these people and then right when you think you are helping them, they don't come to church or their commitment they made was broken. However, I have realized that there is no waste of time in this gospel when it comes to efforts of righteousness and seeking to do good in God's kingdom. Sometimes we do not see the fruits of our labors, but I know that God knows our efforts and knows our hearts.
After going to one of our less active families on and off for about a month, we hadn't felt like we have had much success. Then, just the other day they showed up to our house with a dog that they had killed for us to eat. It was awesome . . .because it truly helped us feel the impact of love that they have been able to feel from us. They expressed thanks for our efforts on their behalf. Afterwards we talked to our bishop and and he was so surprised that we have been able to teach and talk with this family the last few weeks. He said missionaries always get turned away when they have made attempts in the past. It was an awesome testimony builder that God softens and prepares the hearts of his people - even the less active!!!!
Things are well. I love you all so much!!!! Know I am thinking about you and praying for you everyday!
Love You!!!
MOM 'DUDE'
Brooklin SYST
No comments:
Post a Comment