Monday, February 2, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 2/2/2015) [#72 from Tonga]

Family,

We have had a pretty busy week. This Monday we went to Tongatapu (main island) so we could go to the MLC Conference. Thank goodness the plane was good this time! No problems! The first night I was still feeling very sick so the nurse took me to the doctor and the took my blood and they tested it for the Dengue Fever. the next day they called and said my blood is clear, but to just treat the fever. By Thursday I felt pretty good like it had mostly left my body. I want to say thank you for all the prayers and fasting and for putting my name in the temple. They truly helped me so much! I'm sorry if I worried you guys to death.

The meeting went really well.  We got to see the move "Meet the Mormons!" I thought I was going to have to wait to get home to see it, but President Tupou wanted to show it to us for motivation. I am so proud to be part of God's kingdom and to have grown up with these amazing blessings!

The people in the movie inspired me to always want to magnify my calling. We as members of the church have such an opportunity given to us to make a difference. We do make a difference!

While this week has been good, it has also been quite difficult. Many of our appointments fell through and things seemed to simply not be working out. It will pay off though. Hard work always does. Whether it is now or later, we will see the blessings of our labors.

We have been working towards some families in our area on inviting some of their family members to be taught. Just yesterday, the fellow-shipper came to us and said that his cousin has said "yes" to having us come and teach them! So, tomorrow we have some good teachings setup!

We have baptismal dates that continue to get delayed. It has been the most frustrating thing. We are trying to get support from the investigator's family but the biggest problem is that we don't have any support from the ward itself!! We will make it...just takes fasting and lots of prayers.

My zone has actually been difficult since Swan, Freer and Berry left. The missionaries that switched them out are making things very difficult. We continually have to enforce rules. Trying to do everything with love has been my goal. I'm getting better everyday but still not perfect.

By the time you get this I will have spent 8 months in the Ha'apai islands. What a life changing experience it has been. I'm grateful for the call!

Your Brother/Son
Blake Daniel Harmon
Ofa Atu

No comments:

Post a Comment