Family!
What joy it brings me to be able to write to you today:) I have good news that my sickness has started to feel lots better! After e-mailing you on Feb 16, my companion took me to the hospital where they took my temperature and I was on ibuprofen at the time and my fever was 102. I was on fire. They told me that I needed to stay for the afternoon so they could take my temperature and wait for the doctor to come and take my blood. I had the couple missionaries, Elder and Sister Delong, invite me to go sleep in their extra bedroom at the mission quarter because they have air conditioning in their home. So, we stayed there for a little over 30 hours while I let my fever drop back down. I feel quite a bit better now. I would not say 100% but I am able to walk and do the work which I was called to do!!!
On Tuesday or Wednesday, the boat came and I received the birthday package from you all. It was very heart warming! Everything touched my heart. The book by Elder Holland is awesome! I loved loved loved the letters! The birthday cake and candles are awesome. We are going to save them for the 2nd of March (Bunting's Birthday!!) Thank you so much for all the big and little thoughts that you put into it. I thought it was great! It was also kinda fun. I received a bunch of letters from Mom and Dad. Some were from August, haha. 8 months ago! I was laughing very hard! It's cool to know that my parents have taken the time to write me weekly. It gives me a very strong sense of pride in my heart! I have a very deep appreciation and love for the dedication you all have made towards me in this time of my life!
I can not express how much strength you all have given me to do my best and to push through every trial that I am faced with. This week has been difficult for me while battling sickness. I though to myself, "Why am I going through these trial? Why is Heavenly Father allowing one of His faithful, obedient servants to suffer so much?" I soon found the answer while reading through my patriarchal blessing. It is short and simple. Heavenly Father needs me to understand fully the power of prayer. I was humbled. Heavenly Father knows me perfectly! I have been so incredibly amazed on my mission to see how he knows perfectly how I need to be shaped and become better. Something I struggle with once in a while is relying on my own strength. But, I don't need to do that. My Savior has already paid the price for all of us. Sometimes I am focused on the sins that Christ paid for us in Gethsemane and I forget that he also felt our sorrows, weaknesses, trials, disappointments, sickness, etc. The atonement covers so much more!
As I have learned how to rely more on prayer and communication with my Heavenly Father this week, I see why my patriarchal blessing focuses so much on understanding the power of prayer, because through it, we shall know all things which are important to us and through revelation we shall know what is important to our Heavenly Father and want is expected of us and through it all, we shall come to know more fully the atonement and our Savior.
I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that His arms are stretched out to all that seek Him and they close to none...even those that turn away from Him. His hand is stretched out still.
Your Brother & Son
Blake Daniel Harmon
Mom "Dude"
Love You
Ofa Atu
No comments:
Post a Comment