There's no trial too tough, and in no trial are we ever alone. My week has been filled with some pretty amazing experiences and some pretty tough things physically and mentally.
I have had a lot of time to write you letters about it all, but I would like to give you a little update, and I hope that the letters you get are not to big of a repeat.
This week we have been able to teach the twins we have been working on for quite some time!!!! We have their baptismal date set for the end of this week. They have a pretty sad background. I described it in detail in a letter I sent home. We have some pretty high hopes for this family of theirs.
On my birthday we decided that we wanted to go out to a lot of the part member families and the less actives. Thing is with less actives in Tonga is that they probably don't know one thing about the church. They were just baptized along the way some how and ended up in the records. It is a good way to bring up conversations with a family. So, we were able to go to a family that is actually in the Church of Tonga. Once upon a time the father of the house was baptized. We found out at the age of 20 he decided to go to another church!!!! Crazy how he doesn't remember any of the doctrine from the church. Well while we were about to leave they told us how their daughter was possessed with the devil or evil spirits...... I don't really know how to say that in English. Well, they asked us to go home and pray for her, but me and my companion felt inspired by the Holy Ghost to tell them about the priesthood and how it has been restored to the earth and that we could bless their daughter with the authority given to us by Jesus Christ and we can cast those spirits out of her. We were then able to bless this girl and after the blessing she came back to herself and her personality and emotion came back to her body with tears in her eyes she told us Thank You. I know that Heavenly Father has work for us to do and we need to be ready when we are called upon.
So on another note, around 7 o'clock on February 14th I was driving and I felt my body over come with the chills and a fever quickly came upon my body. For the past 3 days I have been laying in bed. Our nurse told me that from working out in the sun all day Saturday re-triggered my fever. Man, it has been really rough. It is also 95 degrees here and 90 percent humidity. Our house is very humid with no air flow. Trying to get rid of a fever in that weather is hard hahahaha...... It's crazy that I have lost 15 pounds in the last couple weeks. I was hoping to come home around 210-215 but guess that isn't going to happen hahaha.....
Anyway, things are good. My sickness is feeling a little better today I have been out and about. I hope it continues to get better. It has just been rough the last few days....
So, on another note, I was just talking with Elder Bunting how its been 3 years since I rolled the truck on the 19th of February. Then, just today, I was backing up on a hill and I didn't see a car coming behind me. The other car didn't have a horn to warn me and it was in my blind spot since i was on a hill. I was going about 5 mph, but the car behind me was going about 20 and we smacked together. It took off my whole bumper and busted the frame and lights. Most likely totaled the car....... my weekend has been really rough.....I am really hoping that next week will have more ups than downs. I just feel like the adversary is working really hard on this little guy...
Good thing, President Tupou was really chill with it all. He just had me sign a little form, and they are just going to send us a new car next week, I just feel supper bad....but hey, things can only go up from here eh!!!!!!
I love you all, please don't worry. I don't tell you these things so you will worry. I tell you because I promised that I would tell you everything. The Lord is on our side..... trials make us stronger people!!!!
Love You All
Elder Harmon
Mom Dude
Brooklin Syst
| Blake's Neighbors Made Him a Birthday Cake |
No comments:
Post a Comment