Sunday, February 8, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 2/8/2015)


Part One
Hey family I just jumped online, sorry it took me so long, this was our only available time for the computers.... but I have over 32 heart felt emails from so many loved ones that have been keeping me in their prayers and fasting, and I know that you have been the source of letting people know I needed prayers in my behalf. I am so grateful!

I don't don't have time to respond to everyone that wrote me, but I love them and I am grateful to them. I would love it if you could tell them THANK YOU for me, and let them know that I am doing a lot better. I am not have not having many problems with my fever and my mission president is also well now..... I did go to the hospital/clinic for the for the night to have my blood tested and they found that my blood was not infected so that was good. This means that I did not need to have a blood transfusion.  I have felt all the prayers and fasting and the Lord has blessed me.... Please let everyone know how grateful I am!!!

Your Son/Brother
Elder Harmon

Part Two
Hey Family how are you all??? Well things seem to be going pretty good for me and my companion out here in Ha'apai. This week we had an incredible meeting in Tonga (MLC) we were able to have some awesome opportunities to learn and to grow! The first half of the meeting we were able to have the opportunity of watch the new movie " MEET THE MORMONS"! What a life changing movie! The whole time I watched it, the only thing I could think about is how blessed we are to have been given so much. The gospel is such a blessing in everyone's lives. If the people would only let it inside......

I have been given so much in my life, I have been given a new view these last couple years and continually as the days go by. I know that we all have so much potential in the church to do so much good. We all have the opportunity to magnify our calling!!!!!!

OK, so the computer just said its shutting down in 5 minutes. I  didn't know it had a timer on it???? Hahaha, just going to send this just in case! Hahaha, if it doesn't die I will keep typing in another email.

Just know all is good and we are beginning to see success in our area and are hopeful to see some amazing people walk into the waters of baptism these next few weeks!! Heavenly Father's timing is everything!!!!

Love you all!!!!

Part Three
OK, sorry there was a pause and then a play kinda moment...the computer died, but then it did just start right back up for me.

So, once we got back to Ha'apai, we have been able to see a lot of missionary work momentum in our wards.  We have had some very successful family plans with people in our ward and they have been planning to work towards some of their own family members...cousins and such.

On Sunday me and my companion had the opportunity to give talks. The original topic of course is missionary work, but I wanted to get more depth with the members on thinking about what missionary work really is and why it is just important to them as it is to me....

So, I started to think about the reason I came on a mission. Going back to primary answers. I wanted everyone to have the same blessings that I have in the gospel, #1 being sealed to my family for eternity.....I thought about how many people here in Tonga are the only members in their families, There are so many part member families, and I talked about how we need to all start with the people in our own homes first. The prophet said the most important missionary work we will do is in the walls of our own home! Then I tied it into the temple in family history work. It was cool because we have been able to see lots of results lately from families working with family members... I am praying that after this week I will be able to tell you some incredible stories about these two twins we are going to begin teaching tonight!!!!! I love you all tons! You are all in my prayers!!!

Elder Harmon
mom dude
Brooklin SYST

Blake's Missionary Quarters on Koulo




Hihifo


No comments:

Post a Comment