Family,
Awe, I have some fun things that have happened for me this week and I have been excited to be able to write you about a few things :) Before I begin, I just wanted to sen you all of my love . . . Momma, Daddy, Brittany, Michael, Brandon, Brook. I know we don't get tons of time on P-Days to really just talk, but I want each of you to know how much I love you and constantly pray for every single one of you. Right now I'm on the Lord's time. We will have eternity together and we will definitely make up the time! But, I would like to thank you fro everything and all the love for support is really what keeps missionaries with a drive and a purpose. Anyway, Thank You!!!!:)
So, just the other day, our Zone Leaders went back to Tonga for a Big Mission Leader Training and Elder Latai went back and visited Matahau (the area where I served with Latai). Latai went to church there and he said that every single one of our investigators that we baptized are still strong in the church!!:) That is incredible!!:0 All 21 of them are still in church and have callings! Do you remember Brian and Fina, the family I was teaching and going to baptize the day I moved to Sopu? Anyway, Latai sent me pictures of their baptism and it was very heart warming! I will have to send it to you! I have been on cloud nine hearing about all the people I came to love... It is impossible to stay in touch with all of them while I'm out here...so for me to hear anything is amazing!!:)
We had a really cool experience this week with our stake. A girl named Helen came from Tonga and she is a doctor. Instead of paying her for her services, she has the people listen to the missionaries. So, we had about 65 people come to the church every day this week and we split them into groups. All of the missionaries in Ha'apai came to teach them. It was an incredible experience. The usual experience is that people are shy listening to the mormon missionaries because the people judge them. But there were no problems with shyness in this situation and they were all supportive of one another. It was amazing because I know each and every one of them were able to feel the spirit. I loved it because every group fought over me and where I was going to teach because I was the only white missionary and they wanted to hear me speak Tongan, haha!! So this boosted my confidence a lot. Eight of the people were from Pangai, so we have eight current investigators that have heard all four lessons. They have been challenged and have made several commitments. This is a great start for my companion and I to drive the work:) I'm excited to see the impact in Ha'apai these next few weeks! Ha'apai is ready to see these changes and successes.
Ha'apai is still having a really big drought. There are also predictions from New Zealand of a hurricane coming that is twice as big as the one that hit the island last January. It is expected to hit in either November or January! So, please pray for Ha'apai. These poor people are still just living in tents from the last storm. Anyway, things are good. I'm healthy as can be. Dad asked in a letter how I'm doing on weight. I'm at 200 lbs, but not much muscle, haha. I will try and work on that.
I love you all so much!
Your Brother/Son
But always remember we are an eternal family!
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment