Family!
I have so much to tell you. I am so so excited to write you this letter! :) It is actually the 11th of September but I'm going to go back and give you all the updates! I have been on a couple of little islands and have had no chance to write this letter! So, on Thursday, Elder Freer and Berry showed up for a big meeting with the APs and our entire zone. It was the best meeting I have ever been to in my life. The whole thing was focused on less active members and how to strengthen them! I have never had a plan make so much sense to me and how to execute the plan! I'm so excited to be able to go forth and help less active members return unto their Savior and help them obtain the eternal promise and help them along the steps to being sealed to their families for time and eternity! It's all about first helping them develop a vision! Then planning with goals. However, if you are not accountable for your vision, plan or goals then your vision remains only a thought. So, our plan is to help less active members and recent converts so that they can get that eternal vision then step by step reach for it with all their might! After the meeting, I got to go on an all day companionship exchange with Elder Freer! It was a blast. We worked like crazy and were able to teach a few families. On experience that sticks out .... we came up to a house and we were really nervous because we had an appointment with this family, but we both didn't now them, and we had never taught together. Right before we entered the house, the spirit was with us and we were guided through the whole lesson. It was beautiful to see how Heavenly Father can truly be by your side, if you only but ask. That's something I have really tried to focus on lately....To really make sure I am working with three people in my companionship and not just two! We need to have Heavenly Father in everything we do. For we can only do so much on our own, but when we trust and have faith, and ask, and consistently seek, we shall have Heavenly Father to double what we could do on our own.
The next day, I was able to go on a companionship exchange with our Zone Leader (Elder Puta). We got to go out to a little island called Uiha and Feleman, absolutely beautiful islands! We went from Thursday to Sunday. We went there to teach a girl that we got a referral from over the phone! We were told that three missionaries have tried to bring her into the waters of baptism but she has not wanted to. When we got to teach her, everything fell into place. She asked us, Can I be baptized?
We were able to baptize her right after church on Sunday before we went back. But, you will never guess that while I was there I was in Elder Berry's mom's ward. This is the island where Berry was born and grew up on! It was crazy! We have grown close to his mom. She told me the whole story of Berry's adoption. It was a tender story. We came back on Monday. I know I wrote you a letter on Monday, but I'm just going to finish talking about all the companionship exchanges because I didn't get to e-mail it to you. Anyway, we took the boat back from Uiha to Pangai, the main island. We came back and I dropped off Elder Puta and I got my companion and we literally got right back on the boat! Freer and Berry were also on the boat. So, we headed back out to the little islands of Ha'afeva! It was about an hour ride out to the island where we dropped off Freer and Tuitavuki. You wouldn't believe the island that we dropped them off on. Just imagine the movie King Kong, where the water is thrashing on the rock cliffs and there are no beaches and it looks like no one could live on this ancient looking island in the middle of no where! The only way to get on the island was to jump from our boat to another boat then they would pull you as close to the rock cliffs as they could. Then you would have to jump! If you fall, you would get crushed by the water against the rocks! But, everyone was safe! Anyway, after we dropped them off, we drove another 45 minutes to our remote island of Matuku! We got there and the only way to describe it is paradise. I'm so sorry, we had no camera, so no pictures! But, Berry said it just looked like an untouched Hawaii beach. The waves came from two directions and they would crash on the beach! It has been the first island I have been to that the waves came in on like Hawaii. It is because the coral reef is so close. SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
But, it just so happens to be the island where Berry's sister lives!!! How crazy is that!! Wow, you could say some major tender mercies!!! The hard part was that every priesthood holder was gone snorkeling so it was literally us and the women. So, we went around doing role plays with them and then inviting them to invite their friends. It was way fun! Working with the members is a blast! We were only there on Monday and Tuesday, then went home Wednesday morning! So, it was short and sweet, but we had a lot of success. Berry and Freer are going back Saturday to follow up! As we traveled back, we had huge whales jumping around the boat. It was so so incredible! It has been a very long week a long week of nothing but companionship exchanges! I'm so happy to be back in my area, but it was a such a success this week!
I love you all so so much! Life is good. You are all in my prayers constantly. You all are the light of my life! Sorry it's kinda just a story-line kind of letter and not very detailed. It was just a bunch to catch up on!
Your Son and Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
Your Brother & Son Forever
No comments:
Post a Comment